Jackson SLATXMG3-6 in White Pearl Metallic
The Jackson soloist takes the Superstrat style up a notch. Originally designed to offer better playability and feel to the metal lead guitarist the Soloist is an amazing choice for any player who demands the best playability possible.
Made with a Basswood body, Maple neck and Rosewood fingerboard this guitar has a powerful midrange that helps you cut through the mix. Thanks to the neck through design and these materials you also get incredibly upper fret access with next to no heel.
Because the neck runs from the strap pin all the way up past the headstock you can completely carve the neck heel away. This means you get access to every fret so no matter how hard you want to shred there is nothing in your way.
Active EMG Pickups
In the metal world there are bunch of different pickups to choose from but there are none as ubiquitous with high gain as EMGs. These active pickups run off of a standard 9V battery and have all of the power and high gain response you will need for any metal style.
With the classic 81 in the bridge which really cuts through with its powerful high end and fantastic high gain response. Plus the EMG 85 in the neck which is equally as hot but focuses more on smooth lead tones rather than crushing rhythms.
Floyd Rose Tremolo
Throughout the years so many artists have crafted their solos using a double locking tremolo system like the one in this guitar. It allows you to bend and accent notes in a way that can not be done without this system.
From the epic squeals of a Dimebag Darrell to the small pings and flicks of a Steve Vai everything is possible with a Floyd Rose on your guitar.
Here's what Jackson say about the SLATMGX3-6
One name is synonymous with the utmost in high-performance guitar design-Jackson, the progenitor of all musical speed machines. Conceived as a launching platform for technically advanced guitar playing, the SLATXMG3-6 Soloist is rife with Jackson's bloodline-sophisticated ergonomic design, ultra-fast playability and, of course, monstrous tone.
Dual graphite reinforcement rods run the length of the maple neck with speed profile to fortify it against the extremes of nature, buttressing it against warping while a speedy 12"-16" compound radius fingerboard creates the ideal playing surface for fat riffs and easy chording near the black plastic nut while gradually flattening in the upper registers for lightning-quick solos and wide bends without fear of fretting out. A pair of EMG active humbucking pickups-an 85 neck pickup and 81 bridge pickup-generate versatile, huge and high output tones for brutal distortion and clear, crisp cleans.
Equipped with a Floyd Rose Special bridge and Jackson-branded tuning machines. Classic Jackson appointments include the instantly recognizable piranha inlays, black hardware, single-ply neck binding and the Soloist's ergonomically arched top for playing blazing licks with comfort. Sleek, refined, and dangerous, the SLATXMG3-6 Soloist is art brought to life, tempered with high-tech performance for the ultimate metal machine.
- Model Name: SLATXMG3-6 Soloist
- Series: X Series
- Body: Basswood
- Body Shape: Soloist
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Shape: Speed Neck
- Number of Frets: 24
- Position Inlays: Piranha Inlay (Small Shark Fin)
- Fretboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Headstock Binding: Black
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: 3-Piece Maple with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (43 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Headstock: Jackson 3+3 AT-1 Headstock
- Neck Binding: Black
- Truss Rods: Dual-Action
- Pickup Configuration: H/H
- Bridge Pickup: EMG 81 Humbucking Pickup (Bridge)
- Neck Pickup: EMG 85 Humbucking Pickup (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: Floyd Rose Special
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Tuning Machines
- String Nut: Floyd Rose R3
- Truss Rod Wrench: Yes
- Saddle Height Adjustment Wrench: Yes
- Saddle Intonation Adjustment Wrench: Yes
- Floyd Rose Nut Adjustment Wrench: Yes
- Strings: NPS, Gauges: .009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042
- Unique Features: Recessed Floyd Rose Special, Arched Top, Speed Neck, EMG 81/85 pickups, Jumbo Frets, Compound Radius Fingerboard, Piranha Inlays