The Jackson soloist takes the Superstrat style up a notch. Originally designed to offer better playability and feel to the metal lead guitarist the Soloist is an amazing choice for any player who demands the best playability possible.
Made with a Basswood body, Maple neck and Rosewood fingerboard this guitar has a powerful midrange that helps you cut through the mix. Thanks to the neck through design and these materials you also get incredibly upper fret access with next to no heel.
Because the neck runs from the strap pin all the way up past the headstock you can completely carve the neck heel away. This means you get access to every fret so no matter how hard you want to shred there is nothing in your way.
Active EMG Pickups
In the metal world there are bunch of different pickups to choose from but there are none as ubiquitous with high gain as EMGs. These active pickups run off of a standard 9V battery and have all of the power and high gain response you will need for any metal style.
With the classic 81 in the bridge which really cuts through with its powerful high end and fantastic high gain response. Plus the EMG 85 in the neck which is equally as hot but focuses more on smooth lead tones rather than crushing rhythms.
Here's what Jackson say about the SLATTXMG3-6
One name is synonymous with the utmost in high-performance guitar design-Jackson, the progenitor of all musical speed machines. Conceived as a launching platform for technically advanced guitar playing, the X Series Soloist SLATTXMG3-6 is rife with Jackson's bloodline-sophisticated ergonomic design, ultra-fast playability and, of course, monstrous tone.
Dual graphite reinforcement rods run the length of the neck to fortify it against the extremes of nature, buttressing it against warping while a speedy 12"-16" compound radius fingerboard creates the ideal playing surface for fat riffs and easy chording near the black plastic nut while gradually flattening in the upper registers for lightning-quick solos and wide bends without fear of fretting out. A pair of EMG active humbucking pickups-an 85 neck pickup and 81 bridge pickup-generate versatile, huge and high output tones for brutal distortion and clear, crisp cleans. The Jackson adjustable compensated strings-thru-body bridge produces massive sustain, and when combined with the Jackson-branded tuning machines, rock-solid tuning stability along with precise intonation.
Classic Jackson appointments include the instantly recognizable piranha inlays, black hardware, single-ply neck binding and the Soloist's ergonomically arched top for playing blazing licks with comfort. Sleek, refined, and dangerous, the X Series Soloist SLATTXMG3-6 is art brought to life, tempered with high-tech performance for the ultimate metal machine.
- Body Material: Basswood
- Body Finish: Gloss / Satin
- Body Shape: Soloist™
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple Neck-Through-Body with Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Neck Shape: Speed Neck
- Neck Binding: 1-Ply Black
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Black Plastic
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: Piranha Tooth (Small Shark Fin)
- Truss Rods: Dual-Action
- Head Stock Binding: Black
- Headstock: Jackson® 3+3 AT-1
- Bridge Pickup: EMG® 81 Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: EMG® 85 Humbucking
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge: TonePros® TP6 Adjustable Strings-Through-Body
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Branded
- Strings: NPS, Gauges: .009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042
- Unique Features: Tone Pros® Tune-O-Matic String-Thru Bridge, Arched Top, Speed Neck, EMG® 81/85 Pickups, Jumbo Frets, Compound Radius Fingerboard, Piranha Inlays