Jackson SLATTXMG-Q 3-6 Burnt Cherry Sunburst
If you're a metal player, or into any sort of heavy music then you'll love the heavy EMG pickups and tour-worthy Graphite-reinforced neck on this Jackson SLATTXMG.
With the basswood body and speed neck, you'll feel right at home at any gig, able to shred until your hearts content without the worry of a bulky guitar body or chunky neck. This axe is made for down-tuning and heavy riffing, as well as speedy soloing.
The compound radius flattens out the higher up the neck you go, so that chords feel comfortable to play lower down, but bending and faster playing gets easier the higher up the neck you go.
Here's what Jackson say
One name is synonymous with the utmost in high-performance guitar design—Jackson, the progenitor of all musical speed machines. Conceived as a launching platform for technically advanced guitar playing, the X Series Soloist™ SLATTXMGQ3-6 is rife with Jackson’s bloodline—sophisticated ergonomic design, ultra-fast playability and, of course, monstrous tone.
Dual graphite reinforcement rods run the length of the one-piece maple neck with speed profile to fortify it against the extremes of nature, buttressing it against warping while a speedy 12”-16” compound radius fingerboard creates the ideal playing surface for fat riffs and easy chording near the black plastic nut while gradually flattening in the upper registers for lightning-quick solos and wide bends without fear of fretting out. A pair of EMG active humbucking pickups—an 85 neck pickup and 81 bridge pickup—generate versatile, huge and high output tones for brutal distortion and clear, crisp cleans. The Charvel-Jackson compound radius compensated bridge produces massive sustain, and when combined with the Jackson-branded tuning machines, rock-solid tuning stability along with precise intonation.
Classic Jackson appointments include the instantly recognizable piranha inlays, black hardware, single-ply neck binding and the Soloist’s ergonomically arched top for playing blazing licks with comfort. Sleek, refined, and dangerous, the X Series Soloist SLATTXMGQ3-6 is art brought to life, tempered with high-tech performance for the ultimate metal machine.
- Model Name: X Series Soloist SLATTXMGQ3-6, Rosewood Fingerboard, Burnt Cherry Sunburst
- Model Number: 2916261515
- Series: X Series
- Color: Burnt Cherry Sunburst
- Body Shape: Soloist
- Body Material: Basswood
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Shape: Speed Neck
- Neck Binding: 1-Ply Black
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Black Plastic
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.8 mm)
- Headstock: Jackson® 3+3 AT-1
- Neck Plate: None
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Fingerboard: Dark Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Piranha Tooth (Small Shark Fin)
- Bridge Pickup: EMG® 81 Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: EMG® 85 Humbucking
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge: Charvel-Jackson Compound Radius Compensated
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Sealed Die-Cast
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: None
- Control Knobs: Black Dome Style
- Strings: NPS, Gauges: .009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042
- Unique Features: Arched Top, Speed Neck, Quilted Maple Top, EMG 81/85 Pickups, Jumbo Frets, Compound Radius Fingerboard, Piranha Inlays