The six-string SLATMGX3-6 features an arched Soloist Basswood body, a through-body maple neck with graphite reinforcement for superior stability, EMG 81 neck and 85 bridge pickups, a bound compound-radius (12-16) rosewood fingerboard with Piranha Pearloid inlays, 24 jumbo frets, 25.5 scale and a rock solid Jackson compensated bridge.
The basswood body and reinforced neck on this guitar combine to give you a solid, rugged guitar that can take a serious beating, deal with heavy string gauges and stand up to the rigours of regular gigging with ease.
A famous pair of pickups.
An 85 and ad 81…. So many famous metal shredders use this combination for good reason, they sound amazing. One of the most popular EMG’s the 81 is the one that started a revolution. Utilizing powerful ceramic magnets and close aperture coils, the tone was designed with detailed intensity, incredible amounts of high end cut and fluid sustain. Twinned with the 85 with its close aperture coils loaded with Alnico V magnets, this is a powerful pickup with exceptional tone and versatility. The alnico magnets of this model provide a muscular growl and smooth lead tones to enable you to play the muddiest of blues to the most extreme metal.
- Body Material: Basswood
- Finish: Satin Gray
- Neck Material: 3-piece maple with graphite reinforcement
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Neck Shape: Speed Neck
- Neck Binding: 1-ply black
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 24
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: Piranha Tooth (Small Shark Fin)
- Truss Rods: Dual-Action
- Head Stock Binding: Black
- Headstock: Jackson 3+3 AT-1
- Bridge Pickup: EMG 81 Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: EMG 85 Humbucking
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Branded