Jackson Monarkh SCX in Quicksilver
The Jackson Monarkh is the latest shape to come from the metal guitar crafters and it is a beautiful mix of traditional and modern. Made with gigging in mind the X series Monarkh SCX is a powerful guitar that is tuning stable and sounds great when going through a high gain amplifier.
Made with a strong Mahogany body with an arched top as well as a 1 piece Maple set neck you already know that this guitar will be strong and stable from day 1. But with the addition of Graphite reinforcement in the neck as well as a scarf this guitar will rarely need any kind of adjustment even on long tours.
This guitar is fitted up with a really slim and smooth neck that is known as Jackson's 'Speed Neck' profile. Which along with the 12"-16" compound radius fingerboard make a slim and smooth playing surface so that fast solos are much easier.
High Output Pickups
Using Jackson's latest high output humbucking pickups this guitar has a hot and heavy sound perfect for all kinds of hard rock and metal. That is not all they can do though, roll down the volume control and you have some beautiful clean and crunch tones as well.
Here's what Jackson say about the Monarkh SCX
Packed with powerful sonic punch, the X Series Monarkh SCX 6 is a rocking machine that's ready to brawl. Burly sound, sleek comfort and the lightning-fast playability Jackson is famous for combine for a high-performance instrument that's an unbeatable value. The stylized take on a classic single cutaway form draws the audience's eye while the powerful sound pummels their ears into submission.
A pair of high output Jackson humbucking pickups powers this engine of musical mayhem, generating complex tones for pristine cleans or punchy distortion while retaining note clarity. A pair of graphite rods reinforces the ultra-speedy one-piece maple neck with Speed Neck profile for rugged stability against warping or shifting. The fleet 12"-16" compound radius fingerboard is engineered for comfortable chording in the lower register, flattening out as you move up the neck for firing off leads with easy bends without fear of fretting out. The Jackson fully adjustable radius compensated bridge ensures chords stay in tune anywhere on the neck while perfectly matching the fingerboard radius for comfortable playing feel and accurate string action and spacing.
The SCX has all the Jackson eye candy you've come to expect-black Jackson branded tuning machines, classic inlays and a scarf-jointed 3x3 AT-1 headstock for optimum break angle at the nut and straight string path for slip-free tuning. An ideal tool for unleashing metal mayhem, the Monarkh SCX is the latest in Jackson's legendary designs, pushing the guitar performance envelope at a price any wallet can bear.
- Body Shape: Monarkh
- Body Binding: 1-Ply White
- Body Material: Mahogany with Arched Top
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple Set-Neck with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Shape: Speed Neck Backshape
- Neck Binding: 1-Ply White
- Scale Length: 24.75" (628 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Black Plastic
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Truss Rod Nut: 4 mm Hex
- Headstock: Jackson 3+3 AT-1
- Neck Plate: None
- Neck Finish: Gloss / Painted
- Fingerboard: Dark Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Reduced size Pearloid Sharkfins
- Bridge Pickup: Jackson High Output Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Jackson High Output Humbucking
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge: Jackson Compensated and Adjustable Strings-Through-Body
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Branded
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: None
- Control Knobs: Black Dome Style
- Strings: NPS, .009-.042 Gauges