Jackson Misha Mansoor Bulb HT 6 in Matte Black
Misha Mansoor is a modern legend in the guitar world who has a signature sound that is highly desirable. Now he has teamed up with Jackson so you can get your hands on a guitar that is capable of all the amazing tones we have heard in recent years. This is the Bulb model which comes with all the extra trimings that Misha likes to have on his own guitars.
Speed Is Key
When you are playing music like Periphery your guitar needs to stay as far out of the way as possible so you can let your hands do the talking and rock out with a powerful sound on stage. That is exactly what the Bulb does, with its heavily contoured Dinky esque body and custom shape neck the Bulb has been crafted to give you the same iconic playability and sound Misha needs.
The neck is where a lot of this playability comes from and this one piece quatersawn maple neck that has been carved to a custom profile made just for this guitar. This enables you to dig in for heavy rhythms while still being able to get around for lead guitar sections easily. Another addition that many will love is the 20" radius ebony fingerboard. This very flat radius makes playing at any speed a dream and even feels great for more intricate chord work as well.
Now to make sure all this work on the neck isn't gone to waste the body has been made out of high quality Alder and finished with a Caramelized Basswood top This combination of woods offers up a beautiful midrange focus that is needed to cut through the mix and get that signature Djent cutting tone.
It Can Do Much More Though
Although the body and neck design has been designed for speed and precision the hardware is much more versatile meaning you could use this guitar with a bunch of other genres as well. The Graph Tech string nut, Hipshot open gear locking tuners and Hipshot 6 bridge all keep this guitar tuning stable no matter how heavy handed you are. But what you want to know about is the pickups I bet. This guitar comes loaded with direct mounted Bareknuckle Juggernaut 6 string pickups that have a balanced response and sound great either clean or running through the heaviest amp you can think of. When picked lightly you get a wonderfully musical sound that is very articulate on clean and crunch sounds but when you dig in it truly comes alive and gets very aggressive in its tonality.
What Separates The Bulb
In terms of build, sound and feel the Bulb is identical to the slightly lower priced Juggernaut but with this you get a few visual tweaks that make it look really cool. To start off you have a large Periphery logo at the 12th fret and laser etched pickup covers that have Misha's signature bulb graphic. These are the small touches that Misha likes to have on his own guitar so if you want all the trimmings this is the one to go for.
- Series: Artist Signature
- Body Shape: DinkyTM - Mansoor
- Body Wood: Alder with .785" Caramelized Basswood Top
- Body Finish: Satin Urethane
- Headstock: Jackson Reverse AT (3-Over/3-Under)
- Neck: 1-Piece Bolt-On Quartersawn Maple with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint, .790 at 3rd Fret, .850 at 12th Fret
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Urethene Gel
- String Nut: Graph Tech, 1.6875" (42.8 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 20" Flat Radius (508 mm)
- Position Inlays: Jackson Piranha Inlays (1, 3, 5, 7, 9 Frets) Bass Side Only;
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Tuning Machines: Hipshot (Open-Gear) Locking Tuners
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Full Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Two Inside Single Coils, Position 3. Both Full Humbucking Pickups, Position 4. Outer Neck Single Coils, Position 5. Full Neck Pickup
- Frets: 24, Stainless Steel Jumbo 6100
- Hardware: Black
- Bridge: Hipshot 6 - Fixed .175
- Strings: D'Addario EXL 117, Gauges: .011-.056 (Bulb logo)
- Pickups: Direct Mount Bareknuckle Pickups, Juggernaut 6-String Humbucker, Brushed Nickel Covers with Engraved "BULB" logo
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone (Push-Pull)
- Other Features: Engraved Bulb Logo on Rear Control Plate