Tiny but mighty, these 2/3 size electric guitars are not only excellent value for money but make a perfect first guitar for younger players who want to sound the best they can.
There was a time where if you wanted to learn the guitar you had limited choices when it came to picking a style of guitar body. Young shredders rejoice, the new Jackson is a double-cutaway guitar that just screams "this is gonna be loud and fast!"
Available in a selection of distinct colors, from smooth black to an eye watering green these look really impressive. The body is made from poplar and the neck is maple, both features found on higher end guitars, and with a strong lacquered finish they can stand up to a few years of punishment as you learn your way around a guitar.
The pickups are great sounding humbuckers that come straight from Jackson themselves so you can be sure of the best tone possible from each and every dinky they make. This would also be a great choice as a travel guitar because short scale axes take up less room in a tour van.
So what's the difference with a smaller guitar?
Well. If a guitar's scale length is shorter, the strings require less tension to arrive at the desired pitch. While this is great for smaller hands and younger players it can mean that tuning to a standard guitar tuning (EADGBE) may cause it to sound less than ideal. It may be a good idea to tune it a semitone or 2 higher or use slightly thicker gauge strings. If you have any questions about tuning or string settings do get in touch with us.
Here's What Jackson Say About The Minion JS1X:
Great things come in small packages! Jackson JS Series guitars take an epic leap forward, making it easier than ever to get classic Jackson tone, looks and speedy playability without breaking the piggy bank. The new Dinky “Minion” JS1X is ideal for lil’ shredders or grownup road dogs who need an easy-traveling instrument jam-packed with the features they love. The 2/3-scale (22.5") Dinky JS1X has a poplar body, speedy bolt-on maple speed neck with graphite reinforcement, and 12”-radius rosewood fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and Jackson’s classic sharkfin inlays. Other features include dual high-output Jackson humbucking pickups, three-way blade switching, string-through-body hardtail bridge for massive tone, rear-angled headstock for evenly distributed tension (reducing playing fatigue), die-cast tuners, sculpted heel for easy upper register playing and jet black hardware. Colours include Neon Pink, Gloss Black, Bright Blue and Ferrari Red.
- Series: JS
- Body Shape: Dinky
- Body Wood: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Headstock: Jackson Pointed 6-in-Line
- Neck: 1-Piece Bolt-On Maple Speed Neck with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Shape: Speed Neck Backshape
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 12" (305 mm) Radius
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
- Scale Length: 22.5" (572 mm)
- Hardware: Black
- Bridge: Jackson HT6 6-String Hardtail with Strings-Through-Body
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Sealed Die-Cast
- Pickup Configuration: H/H
- Pickups: Jackson Humbucking (Bridge and Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone