The new DK2 Pro series Dinky Hardtail from Jackson is a metal machine. Jackson Guitars are made to be played & played hard! A Jackson doesn't do blues, it hates pop & it doesn't understand Jazz. A Jackson guitar just wants to be drop tuned & played hard, fast & dirty! You only need to look at the awesome line up of some of worlds most aggressive guitar players to see what we mean. Guys like Matt Tuck (Bullet For My Valentine), Christian Olde Wolbers (Fear Factory), John Campbell (Lamb of God), Mark Morton (Lamb of God), Serj Tankian (System of a Down) and Zakk Wylde are all Jackson users - and you wouldn't argue with them, would you!?
The Pro Series DK2MQ Pro Series Dinky™ features an alder body with a striking 4A 1/8" quilt maple cap, flat-sawn graphite-reinforced bolt-on maple neck with wrap-around heel, compound-radius (12"-16") maple fingerboard (dark rosewood on Trans Red model) with 24 jumbo frets and offset black dot inlays (offset white dot inlays on Trans Red model), black neck and headstock binding, direct-mount Seymour Duncan® JB Zebra (bridge) and '59 Zebra (neck) humbucking pickups with five-way blade switching, Floyd Rose® bridge, black hardware and Dunlop® strap locks.
Jackson Pro series instruments are exactly that. Pro-level guitars for pro-level players.This guitar has a hand-rubbed, oil neck finish with graphite neck reinforcement rods for the ultimate in sleek playability and rock-solid sustain and stability. Bolt-on-neck models feature an innovative “wrap-around” three-bolt neck joint with remarkable strength, style and feel. However thick your strings are this neck will remain rock solid so you can dig in without worrying about pulling it out of tune.
Professional Grade Hardware
Jackson Pro series guitars are built with the very best parts for pro tone, stability and durability for stage and studio alike. Nowhere is this more evident than the bridge. Pro series guitars feature Floyd Rose® 1000 Series tremolos, Jackson Hi-Mass hard-tail and string-through bridges.
Compound Radius Fretboard
The compound-radius fingerboards is great for metal. Jackson pioneered the use of this innovative design, in which the fingerboard gradually flattens toward the heel from its more rounded profile at the nut. This makes for comfortable and natural-feeling chording and riffing near the nut, with optimal shred articulation and bending nearer the heel. When you need to slam away at powerchords its comfortable and sounds great and when you that fast shred solo comes around its ready for that too.
- Model Name: Pro Dinky DK2QM, Maple Fingerboard, Chlorine Burst
- Model Number: 2914105521
- Series: Pro Series
- Color: Chlorine Burst
- Body Material: Alder with Quilt Maple Top
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Dinky
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Bolt-On Maple Speed Neck with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Urethane
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Floyd Rose R3 Locking
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Headstock: Jackson Pointed 6-In-Line
- Bridge Pickup: Direct Mount Seymour Duncan Zebra JB TB4 Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Direct Mount Seymour Duncan '59 Zebra Humbucking
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge: Floyd Rose FRT-O2000 Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Sealed Die-Cast
- Strings: NPS, .009-.042 Gauges