The USA DK1 Dinky Guitar from Jackson is the staple modern rock super-strat from Jackson Guitars. No gimmicks, and no tacky add-ons, the Jackson DK1 is all about raw power, and pure performance.
Features include a compound radius ebony board - built for speed and fluidity, and a quartersawn maple neck which proves to be highly-accurate and is adorned with top quality abalone inlays for a subtly-classy finish.
The DK1 also sports what some may argue is the only active pickup combo you want in a guitar like this; the EMG 81/85 humbuckers are harmonically rich, biting, and full-on in a ballsy, no-holds-barred kinda way!
Finished in black and "more black", this DK1 is the choice of a discerning guitarist who lets the playing and the sound do the talking.
- Alder body
- Bolt-on quartersawn eastern hard rock maple neck
- Compound-radius ebony fingerboard
- EMG® 81 and 85 humbucking pickups
- Floyd Rose® Original tremolo
- Black hardware
Here's what Jackson say about the USA Dinky DK1 Guitars
QUARTERSAWN MAPLE NECKS AND EBONY FINGERBOARDS
From time-honored neck-through models such as the Soloist and Rhoads to the bolt-on classic DK1, Jackson USA Select guitars feature ultra-stable quartersawn maple necks and the finest ebony fingerboards with mother-of-pearl and real abalone inlays.
ORIGINAL FLOYD ROSE® TREMOLOS, JACKSON HI-MASS HARD-TAIL BRIDGES AND TONEPROS® LOCKING BRIDGES
Jackson USA Select guitars are built with the very best parts for the very best tone, stability and durability for stage and studio alike. Take bridges: USA Select models feature original Floyd Rose® tremolos, Jackson Hi-Mass hard-tail bridges and TonePros® Tune-o-matic bridges.
CLASS AND ELEGANCE
From basic elegance to incomparable flamboyance, Jackson’s USA Select series delivers great Jackson style. Colors range from sinister matte black to vibrant solids. Hand-painted graphics range from the understated to the outlandish, or choose one with a beautifully figured top. Necks with oiled finishes and classic inlay work. And much more. In body styles both classic and brand-new, the USA Select series is the U.S.-made top of the Jackson line, sought by players worldwide.
THE BEST MATERIALS
Only high-grade alder, basswood and mahogany are found in USA Select models. All quilt and flame tops are hand selected by Jackson Custom Shop builders to ensure that the highest-quality materials are used.
- Model Name: USA DK1 Dinky™, Ebony Fretboard, Nebula
- Model Number: 2803010803
- Series: USA Select
- Color: Black
- Body Shape: Dinky™
- Neck Material: Bolt-On Quartersawn Maple with Scarf Joint
- Neck Binding: Bound Fingerboard
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Floyd Rose® Original Locking
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
- Head Stock Binding: Bound
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Serialized
- Bridge Pickup: EMG® 81 Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: EMG® 85 Humbucking
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Middle Pickup, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge: Floyd Rose® Original Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Black or Chrome
- Tremolo Arm Handle: Floyd Rose® Original Tremolo Arm
- Tuning Machines: Die-Cast
- Switch Tips: Black
- Strings: NPS, Gauges: .009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042
- Unique Features: Compound (12" to 16") Fingerboard Radius, Mother of Pearl Shark Fin Position Inlays, Bound Fingerboard and Headstock, Inlaid Mother of Pearl Jackson Logo, CTS® Pots and Switchcraft® Switches
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Jackson® Molded Case