When Chris Broderick joined a revitalized Megadeth in 2008, fans were awestruck by his dazzling thrash fretwork. Jackson now honors this modern metal master with the Chris Broderick Soloist with this truly stunning six string.
Broderick plays on some of the largest stages across the world with metal powerhouse Megadeth, so his guitar really needs to be something special. Working with Jackson Custom Shop Master Builder Mike Shannon, Broderick designed his own special take on the venerable Soloist, with an offset arch-top mahogany body and quilt maple top (with matching headstock) it looks stunning.
Features include a quartersawn maple neck with quilt maple binding and Floyd Rose® nut, natural body and headstock binding, ebony fingerboard with 12” radius and 24 jumbo stainless steel frets.
Equipped with a pair of Broderick-designed Custom DiMarzio® direct-mounted humbucking neck and bridge pickups this guitar has really amazing tone. These pickups are only available on this guitar, the Soloist 6’s custom-designed, direct-mounted Chris Broderick DiMarzio humbuckers deliver exceptional clarity and articulation that let chords sound big and chunky and single-note lines sing with bold, assertive presence. When the coils are split, the tone is very Strat-like but with a little more meat on its bones, and various combinations produce a wide variety of tones, from chunk to punk to funk. The three-position pickup selector is mounted under the bridge humbucker, making it very easy to access while playing, and the switch’s throw is parallel to the strings, so you never have to worry about switching pickups accidentally.
The kill switch, black hardware, Planet Waves® Auto-Trim tuners, side-mounted Rhoads jack, Ernie Ball® strap locks and case complete the set for a well set up, amazingly finished guitar with real character.
- Model Name: Chris Broderick Soloist 6, Ebony Fretboard, Black
- Model Number: 2803056803
- Series: Artist Signature
- Color: Black
- Body Material: Quilt Maple Top with Mahogany Back and Sides
- Body Shape: Soloist™
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Finish: Painted
- Neck Binding: Quilted Maple
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Jackson® Floyd Rose®
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.8 mm)
- Bridge Pickup: Chris Broderick Designed Custom DiMarzio® (Direct Mounted)
- Neck Pickup: Chris Broderick Designed Custom Direct-Mount DiMarzio®
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone, Killswitch
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Special Electronics: Killswitch
- Bridge: Floyd Rose® Pro (recessed)
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuning Machines: Planet Waves® Auto-Trim