Here's what Ibanez say
The ultimate metal machine, the Ibanez Prestige Uppercut series, has been loved and well received by metal guitarists for its precision, Japanese craftsmanship, and pickups by Bare Knuckle.
Bare Knuckle pickups are completely hand wound in England and are now one of the most high-profile pickups among professional metal guitarists due to their progressive tone and character.
The body is solid basswood with a fat but well-balanced tonality.
The Ebony fretboard provides a tight response and this time comes with stainless frets. The stainless frets are known for their bright tone, and they add player-friendly features, such as durability and smoothness.
The Tight-End bridge is perfectly designed to anchor with rigidness and accuracy. Saddles are firmly locked onto the base plate for maximum string vibration, and they remain perfectly linear during intonation adjustment for the most accurate setup.
The saddles’ heights can be adjusted individually with 1 screw. Also, the top side of the bridge has a smooth finish; if you play hard, the Tight-End bridge will absorb your hand’s punishment without dishing out any of its own.
The Gotoh MG-T locking machine heads achieve incredible tuning stability and cut down string-changing time. All these features combined with RGD’s extra-long 26.5” scale provide improved down-tuning playing and deeply contoured cutaways for easy access to the highest frets. This ultimate metal machine will greatly assist and enhance your performance.
- Bare Knuckle Aftermath 7 pickups
- Stainless jumbo frets
- Bound Ebony fretboard - 673mm/26.5" scale
- Gotoh MG-T locking machineheads
- Neck type: Wizard-7 5pc Maple/Wenge neck w/KTS™TITANIUM rods
- Body: Basswood body
- Fretboard: Bound Ebony fretboard
- Fret: Stainless jumbo frets w/Prestige fret edge treatment
- Bridge: Tight-End R-7 bridge
- Neck pickup: Bare Knuckle Aftermath 7 (H) neck pickup
- Bridge pickup: Bare Knuckle Aftermath 7 (H) bridge pickup
- Hardware colour: Cosmo black
- String Gauge.010/.013/.017/.026/.036/.046/.059
- Factory Tuning: 1D, 2A, 3F, 4C, 5G, 6D,7A
- Case/bag: Hardshell case included