Steve Vai has a distinct style and sound, why should his guitar be any different. Ibanez have made a great guitar that can handle whatever style you play but if you're not using it for screaming solo's you're missing out.
The pickups are Ceramic and Alnico passive DiMarzio Evolutions with a good choice of tones and it's nice and easy to dial in just the tone you want. The Tremelo arm is well balanced and makes a great sound when you dig into it. Cheaper arms are more for show than for tone but this is designed to give you anything from subtle bends all the way through to powerful screams
Scalloped 21-24 frets
The fingerboard at the 21st fret onwards is scalloped. This means your finger only touches the string and not the fretboard which helps your tone stay smooth when you're bending a note.
Smooth and stylish
Just look at it, the Jem is a beuatiful guitar with a flawless finish. Stick in a cable, throw on a strap and carry this guitar onstage. You wont regret it for a second and after that final note rings out grab the handle and stick it in the air for all to see. Steve himself would.
Here's what Ibanez say about the JEM7V
One of the world's most iconic guitars, the JEM pushes the boundaries of what a guitar can and should do. JEM7V will let you scream or moan with the Edge bridge and groundbreaking Lion's Claw tremolo cavity, allowing pitches to be radically raised or lowered without obstruction.
In the hands of the adventurous musical warlock, the JEM is the scepter that opens doors, alters time and space and reveals the mysteries of the forbidden notes. Grab that monkey grip and hang on for dear life.
- neck type: JEM 5pc Maple/Walnut neck
- body: Alder body
- fretboard: Rosewood fretboard w/Tree of Life inlay
- fret: W/6105 frets w/Prestige fret edge treatment
- bridge: Edge tremolo bridge
- neck pickup: DiMarzio Evolution (H) neck pickup (Passive/Ceramic)
- middle pickup: DiMarzio Evolution (S) middle pickup (Passive/Alnico)
- bridge pickup: DiMarzio Evolution (H) bridge pickup (Passive/Ceramic)
- factory tuning: 1E, 2B, 3G, 4D, 5A, 6E
- string gauge: .009/.011/.016/.024/.032/.042
- hardware color: Gold