Choose from 2 items
Gibson Custom Shop 60th Anniversary 1961 Les Paul SG Standard Sideways Vibrola VOS in Cherry Red
2 IN STOCK
Order now for delivery to you on Mon 23rd May 2022.
to order online today
at our Guildford Store
FREE UK Delivery
Earn 4099 Loyalty Points
Click and Collect
Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar is an exciting experience, but it can be a little overwhelming too. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
1961 saw Gibson's flagship solid-body electric guitar, the Les Paul, undergo some significant aesthetic changes — most notably an all-new, double-cutaway body design that would later be renamed the SG. This incredibly special Gibson Custom Shop model celebrates the 60th Anniversary of that instrument and its first year of production; capturing the spirit of those highly-coveted originals.
Almost every detail adheres to the blueprint of the 1961 model, featuring a unique "Sideways" Vibrola, a period-correct neck profile, Kluson reissue tuners, a pair of PAF-style Custombucker pickups, CTS vintage-taper pots and Black Beauty capacitors. It's a true "time capsule" guitar that will evoke plenty of '60s nostalgia!
- Mahogany Construction — Timeless tonewood (used for the body/neck) yields the thick and sustain-rich sound synonymous with Gibson guitars.
- Non-Weight Relieved Body — Old-school design; gives the instrument a substantial feel and captures that iconic vintage sound.
- Nitrocellulose 'VOS' Finish — Traditional lacquer; allows the guitar to "breathe" and resonate more freely. It'll age beautifully over time too!
- Authentic '61 Neck Shape — Thin profile allows for fast playability at all areas of the Mahogany neck.
- Indian Rosewood Fingerboard — Smooth and silky material, featuring a comfortable 12" radius and 22 frets.
- Authentic Medium Jumbo Frets — Offer a controllable feel for wide vibrato and pitch-perfect string bends.
- Gibson Custombucker Pickups — Provide nostalgic 'PAF' humbucking tones; featuring alnico III magnets that produce a punchy mid-range character with smooth, rounded highs.
- ABR-1 Bridge — Legendary Gibson 'Tune-O-Matic' design. Easily-adjustable and maximises string vibration transference through the body.
- "Sideways" Vibrola — A side-pull action vibrato similar to those found on vintage models from the early 1960s.
- Kluson Reissue Tuners — High-quality design allows for precise pitching and ensures years of reliable use. Boasts elegant "tulip" buttons.
- Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch Case — Perfectly protects this exquisite Custom Shop creation against knocks on the road!
- Shape: SG
- Material: 1-Piece Solid Mahogany
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer (VOS)
- Material: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: Authentic '61 Thin Profile
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood, Cream Binding
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets: Authentic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- Inlays: Aged Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Joint: Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Sideways Vibrola
- Tuners: Kluson Reissue Double Ring
- Control Knobs: Black Top Hats with Silver Inserts
- Finish: Aged Nickel
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, 500K CTS Potentiometers, Hand-Wired Harness with Black Beauty Capacitors
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Switchcraft
- Output Jack: 1/4" Switchcraft
- Strings Gauge: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case: Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch Case
- Accessories: Certificate of Authenticity
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
Select deposit amount
0% = £0.00
- Total Cash Price
- Amount of Credit
- Duration of Agreement
- 0 Months
- 0 Monthly Repayments
- Cost of Credit
- APR Representative
- Annual Rate of Interest
- Settlement Fee
- Total Amount Payable