G&L Tribute Fallout in Sonic Blue
The G&L Fallout is the modern alternative dream. A slightly offset bodyshape with a fat humbucker in the bridge and a powerful P90 single coil in the neck to give you edgy tones for any style of music. The saddle lock bridge means you can really go to town on this guitar, especially if you have a heavy right hand.
The neck feels comfortable in the hand and the medium jumbo frets make this guitar play and feel like a modern instrument with a classic punk rock vibe!
Saddle Lock bridge
This bridge will keep the saddles from rocking side to side. This will improve sustain by and improve tunning by giving the sring a stable base at the bridge end.
G&L guitars were formed in the late 70s by Leo Fender, George Fullerton and Dale Hyatt after Leo Fender had produced instruments for Music Man.
These guitars well-built instruments with the classic vibe and sound that you'd expect from any guitar designed by Leo Fender. Ths includes innovations like:
- MFD Pickup - This pickup uses a ceramic bar over a magnet rather than a traditional Alnico magnet. This is so that you can set the output of each string rather than the overall volume like you would with traditional singlecoils.
- G&L Saddle-Lock bridge - This is the use of a small Allen screw on the side of the bridge to remove side-to-side movement of the string saddles. By keeping the locking saddles together, you'll prevent loss of sustain.
Here's what G&L say about the Fallout
What would an ’83 G&L SC-2™ be if Leo Fender recreated it for today’s scene? The crew at G&L think it would be a lot like the new Fallout. After all, when inspiration comes from original G&L SC guitars modded by the likes of Devo’s Mark and Bob Mothersbaugh and Band Of Susans’ Robert Poss, there are lots of cues to follow.
The SC-2 was born as a cool looking, comfortable and light axe that could be thrashed mercilessly and not miss a beat. Fallout keeps those qualities in the mix but branches out to cover today’s sophisticated textures and tones.
Fallout shares the original Leo Fender-designed SC-2 body shape, comfortable, sustain-rich G&L Saddle Lock bridge and easy-playing medium-C-shape neck with a 12” radius and medium-jumbo frets.
From dirty riffs to jangly hooks, the G&L Tribute Series Fallout delivers with a great pairing of Paul Gagon-designed Alnico pickups: a gorgous P-90 and meaty humbucker splittable via a push/pull tone pot.
The look transcends the SC-2’s simplicity with a sweeping pickguard that complements the body shape perfectly. Balancing out the aesthetics is a sleeker interpretation of the ‘80s-era G&L headstock shape designed exclusively for the Fallout.
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 25 1/2"
- PICKUPS: Paul Gagon-designed Alnico pickups, G&L AP4285B P-90 in neck position and G&L AW4470B humbucker in bridge positon
- BODY WOOD: Mahogany
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple
- NECK WIDTH AT NUT: 1 5/8"
- NECK RADIUS: 12"
- NECK PROFILE: medium C
- FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, nickel
- TUNING KEYS: 18:1 ratio, sealed-back
- BRIDGE: G&L Saddle Lock
- CONTROLS: 3-position pickup selector, volume, tone with push/pull coil tap
6 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Thursday, 13 December 2018
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
2 in stock at our Guildford store
4 in stock at our Guildford warehouse
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery
Check what you would pay - select a deposit
Based on months APR
More finance Options
Hide finance Options^
Total amount payable . APR representative.
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.