G&L's Tribute Comanche model takes Leo Fender’s final iteration on the iconic s-type guitar to new heights! While retaining the classic body shape, the Tribute Comanche is otherwise a huge departure from the decades-old design — featuring unique Z-Coil pickups, a versatile PTB Tone System and the acclaimed Dual-Fulcrum tremolo found on many G&L instruments.
This particular Comanche also boasts a stunning Burl top, an exotic Indian Rosewood fingerboard and a rock-solid roasted Maple neck that is sure to keep your tuning well in check. At an affordable price-point to boot, the G&L Tribute Comanche is a perfect companion for the contemporary musician looking for a flexible workhorse guitar!
- American Basswood Body — Lightweight timber with neutral tonal properties; a perfect sonic canvas for the electronics. Adorned with a gorgeous Burl top covered in a translucent burst finish.
- Bolt-On Construction — Produces a snappy note response for an immediate playing experience.
- Roasted Maple Neck — Roasting process removes all of the natural moisture retained by the neck wood, ultimately darkening the material and making it far less vulnerable to warping when exposed to varying climates.
- Modern "C" Profile — Contemporary neck shape offers superb playability, enhanced with 9.5" fingerboard radius and slippery satin finish.
- Indian Rosewood Fingerboard — Dark and silky material that adds mid-range warmth into the tonal mix.
- Medium Jumbo Frets — Offer a controllable feel for wide vibrato and pitch-perfect string bends.
- Dual-Fulcrum Tremolo — Low-friction design improves tuning stability and provides a smooth vibrato arm action.
- G&L Locking Tuners — Locking design firmly secures the strings to makes changes fast and hassle-free, with less wraps required around the tuning posts.
- MFD Z-Coil Pickups — Irregular split-coil shape emphasises the bass response of the lowest 3 strings and accentuates the treble of the highest strings – yielding a well-balanced tone. Distinctive design also eliminates 60-cycle hum, for noise-free single-coil sounds.
- PTB Tone System - Gives you two master tone controls, one that decreases the treble like a typical tone knob, and one that decreases the low-end. It's like having a built-in, passive 2-band EQ!
- Body Shape: Comanche
- Body Wood: American Basswood
- Top Wood: Burl
- Neck Wood: Roasted Hard Rock Maple
- Neck Profile: Modern "C"
- Neck Finish: Clear Satin
- Neck Joint: Bolt-On
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard: Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"
- Inlays: Pearl
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Number of Frets: 22
- Nut Width: 1 5/8"
- Pickups: G&L MFD Z-Coil Hum-Cancelling
- Controls: Volume, PTB (Treble Bass) Tone System, 5-Position Pickup Selector
- Bridge: G&L Dual-Fulcrum Vibrato
- Tuners: G&L Locking
- Pickguard: Pearl
- Hardware Finish: Chrome