EVH Wolfgang Special in Candy Apple Red Metallic
The Wolfgang has become a modern classic, with its design pioneered by the legendary tone-tinkerer Eddie Van Halen. With its distinctive offset body shape, high-output pickups and Floyd Rose tremolo system, this instrument is made for performance thanks to its comfortable build and premium hardware appointments.
Formed of a Basswood body, this tonewood is not only a great ergonomic option due to its light weight, but its balanced tonal qualities make it a great foundation for the characterful and vibrant-sounding pickups.
Joined with a bolt-on Quartersawn Maple neck, you can expect a bright and articulate sound, as well as a snappy response with a fast attack. This is great for tight palm-muted riffing in particular, but the clear and defined tone can also allow lead playing to cut through in heavy, energetic mixes. A sleek Ebony fretboard feels smooth and refined under the fingers, so that you can glide up and down the neck easily.
A compound radius fretboard is an excellent high-end feature of this instrument. Rounded at the lower end of the neck to make chords easier and more comfortable to play, the fretboard flattens out in the higher register to make shredding a breeze. This also helps to prevent notes from fretting out when performing string bends, making it another ergonomic design addition.
Electronics and Hardware
This high-performance instrument is powered by a pair of direct-mounted EVH Wolfgang humbuckers, versatile enough to handle high doses of gain whilst also offering warm tones with clean settings. With a three-way switch you can get the pure, unbridled bite of the bridge pickup, the smooth and creamy tone of the neck pickup for leads, or a combination of both for balanced cleans.
A double-locking EVH-branded Floyd Rose tremolo will keep this guitar in tune incredibly well, no matter how extreme your Van Halen-style divebombs may be! With the D-Tuna also fitted, you can detune the low E string down a whole step for classic Drop D tuning, without the pain of unlocking the nut.
Here's what EVH say about the Wolfgang Special in Candy Apple Red Metallic:
Road-tested in arenas around the world, the Wolfgang® Special is a purebred music-making machine, designed with stunning style, giant sound and high-speed playability.
The Wolfgang Special features a basswood body with an arched top and a robust graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck, carved and rolled to Eddie Van Halen’s exacting specifications and with a handrubbed urethane back finish. Primed for high performance, energetic riffing and blazing leads, its 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard has 22 jumbo frets and pearloid dot inlays. Truss rod adjustments have also never been easier thanks to a spoke wheel conveniently located at the base of the neck.
A pair of flagship custom designed EVH® Wolfgang Alnico 2 humbucking pickups are mounted directly to the body, providing dynamic yet articulate voicing, as well as endless sustain for powerful chords and melody lines. A sturdy and dependable EVH-branded Floyd Rose® locking trem and Floyd Rose locking nut work in tandem for precise tuning even with extreme changes in pitch, while the EVH D-Tuna® retunes to drop-D and back with strict accuracy at the flick of a finger, with a low-friction volume control for smooth swells and a high-friction tone control that prevents accidental tone shifting.
Spotlight-ready, the Wolfgang Special is offered in three new eyecatching finishes. The Candy Apple Red Metallic and Ivory models feature attractive single-ply cream body binding and chrome hardware, while the Satin Orange Crush model offers single-ply black body binding and black hardware.
- Series: Wolfgang® Special
- Body Material: Basswood
- Body Finish: Satin (529), Gloss (509 and 549)
- Neck: Bolt-On Quartersawn Maple, Wolfgang® Backshape
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Urethane
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 12” to 16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearl Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Floyd Rose® Locking, 1.625” (41.3 mm)
- Tuning Machines: EVH®-Branded
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: EVH®-Branded Floyd Rose® Locking Tremolo with EVH D-Tuna®
- Pickguard: None
- Pickups: Direct Mount Wolfgang® Humbucking (Bridge and Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume (500K EVH Bourns Low Friction Pot) , Tone (250K EVH Bourns High Friction)
- Control Knobs: Black “Speed” Knobs
- Hardware: Black (529), Chrome (509, 549)
- Strings: EVH® Branded (.009-.042 Gauges)
Available For Order
Normally available in 7 days
We can special order this item from our supplier
- Order this item today and we will place a special order with our supplier.
- Normally available in 7 working days
- Delivery time for this item may be longer depending on whether our supplier has the item in stock.
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery
Check what you would pay - select a deposit
Based on months APR
More finance Options
Hide finance Options^
Total amount payable . APR representative.
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.