This addition to the Epiphone range brings back an older and lesser-known, design and reimagines it in the form of the DC PRO! The DC PRO is based on the older Del Rey model; this newer model retains the double cutaway, 24-fret design but gives it a makeover with more traditional styling and controls.
Body & Neck
In many ways, the DC PRO is reminiscent of the classic Les Paul design with its mahogany body and flame maple top. This tried and tested combination provides plenty of warmth and sustain from the mahogany and a striking aesthetic from the AAA flame maple top. There is obviously a major difference with this guitar which is its double cutaway. With the DC PRO, you get classic look and sound but with far better upper fret access.
The extra upper-fret access is especially welcome as this is a 24-fret neck guitar. The double cutaway really comes in handy for reaching those 23rd and 24th frets when you're ripping a solo! The extra frets also have an impact on the sound of the guitar. The longer fingerboard on a 24-fret neck guitar shifts the neck humbucker down slightly in comparison to a 22-fret guitar (like a Les Paul). This results in a slightly brighter neck humbucker tone altering the sound you get in the neck and middle positions.
Pickups & Electronics
The DC PRO comes fitted with Epiphone's ProBucker 2 and 3 humbuckers. Inspired by Gibson's "BurstBucker" pickups, the ProBuckers are designed to emulate that vintage "PAF" humbucking tone that has become iconic in Blues and Rock genres since the late 50s. These pickups are versatile and cover genres as diverse as jazz, blues, and rock.
The DC PRO also has coil-splitting which means you can "split" either of the humbuckers for a single-coil-like tone. This expands the number of tonal options outside of the standard two humbuckers and a 3-way selector. In addition, the DC PRO's treble bleed circuit allows you to maintain clarity and high end when you're turning down the volume.
The DC PRO mixes traditional and modern offering familiarity yet stands apart from the rest of the Epiphone lineup.
Here's What Epiphone Say About the DC PRO
Modern double cut design with AAA Flame Maple top, ProBuckers™ w/coil-tapping and more!
The DC PRO is Epiphone’s modern take on the classic Epiphone Del Rey Double Cut design. Featuring a double cutaway solid Mahogany body with a AAA Flame Maple Veneer top, ProBucker™ humbuckers with coil-tapping, a treble bleed circuit to maintain clarity at reduced volumes, and Grover™ 18:1 ratio tuners.
- Contemporary design double cutaway with 24 fret all access neck
- Powerful ProBuckerTM humbuckers with coil-tapping
- Treble bleed circuit and Phase feature
- Pearloid and Abalone fingerboard inlay
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Top Material: AAA Flame Maple Veneer
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Custom “C”
- Neck Joint: Glued-in
- Scale Length: 24.75”
- Fingerboard Material: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Inlay: Block and Triangle, Pearloid and Abolone
- Truss Rod: 2-way adjustable
- Nut: 43mm Graph Tech™ Nubone
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker-2™, 4-wire
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker-3™, 4-wire
- Controls: Epiphone all-metal 3-way pickup selector; Neck and Bridge Pickup Volume w/push-pull coil-splitting and treble bleed circuit; Neck Tone control with push pull; Phase feature; Bridge Tone
- Binding Body: Top– 1 ply (cream); Fingerboard – 1 ply (cream); Headstock – 1 ply (cream)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12”
- Frets: 24 Medium Jumbo
- Bridge: LockTone™ Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Grover™ 18:1 ratio
- Output Jack: Epiphone ¼” with nickel-plated metal jack plate
- Pickguard: None
- Control Covers: 1-ply, PVC
- Strap Buttons: Epiphone StrapLocks included