Duesenberg Starplayer TV Collection Streamline in Catalina Blue
If you are after a Doozy chances are this is the one you have seen most people play. The Starplayer TV is Duesenbergs best guitar and for a good reason; its stunning build quality and innovative German design makes this tremola loaded, semi-hollow, vintage inspired axe a dream to play.
The Starplayer TV guitar has a unique sound that you can't really get anywhere else. Part of this comes from its acoustic guitar inspired wood choice of a laminated spruce top with laminated flamed maple back and sides. This not only makes that guitar sound huge when unplugged but it also gives you a unique classic tone that works wonderfully for any clean or crunch tones. The neck is made out of a single piece of maple that is set into the body and carved to a classic 'D' shape. Finishing off the wood choices you have an Indian rosewood fingerboard keeping the playing slick and smooth.
If you have ever played a vintage guitar with a tremolo you will understand the tuning issues that plagued guitarists who dared to use them. Duesenberg were not happy giving you a guitar with a trem that was more pain that it was worth. So they went back to the drawing board and between this new trem and the Z-Tuners you will never have tuning issues again.
Iconic Doozy Pickups
When you see people playing a Duesenberg most of the time you will see them using a custom humbucker in the bridge with a P90 in the neck. These are the award winning Doozy pickups that you have seen everyone use for blues, rock and country. The Grand Vintage humbucker and Domino P90 make a perfect combination that will be very hard to beat for a wide range of different styles.
Most of the materials that go in to these pickups as well as most of the materials that goes in to the rest of the hardware Duesenberg source locally from only the finest German engineers to make sure that everything that goes into your guitar is top quality.
Here's what Duesenberg have to say about the Starplayer Streamline
What happens, when we leave out the f-hole from the Starplayer TV? We wondered ourselves, so we just tried it. The result was a guitar with a distinct and very special sound. In the neck position is the Duesenberg PH90 Single Twin, a split pickup with the sound of a classic single-coil pickup, but without any annoying hum. At the bridge a Duesenberg D-Tron humbucker does its job. Both pickups are mounted in a stylish "transparent-silver" mounting ring. The exclusive appearance is completed by a nickel plated pickguard and the Radiator tremolo, which has already been used on the DTV-DLX.
- Type: traditionally glued in
- Wood: 1-piece maple
- Width: 42,5 mm / 1.67" (nut), 52 mm / 2.05" (12th fret)
- Thickness: 21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95" (12th fret)
- Shape: D
- Fingerboard: indian rosewood
- Radius: 30,5 mm / 12"
- Inlays: pearloid dots
- Frets: 22 jumbo 2,8 x 1,0 mm
- Scale length: 650 mm / 25.6"
- Trussrod: steel dual-action
- Headstock: black
- Type: semi-acoustic with sustain block, bent sides, without f-hole
- Top: laminated spruce
- Back, sides: laminated maple
- Size: 51,5 x 41 x 5,8 cm / 20.27" x 16" x 2.28"
- Binding: cream
- Pickguard: nickel
- Finish: PUR lacquer
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, "Art Diego" buttons
- Bridge: Duesenberg steel saddle bridge
- Tremolo: Duesenberg Radiator Tremolo
- Strap pins: Duesenberg standard
- Hardware color: nickel
- Strings: Duesenberg DSA10 (010-013-017-028-042-050)
- Pickup (neck): Duesenberg PH-90 Single Twin
- Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg Grand Vintage Humbucker
- Wiring: 1 volume, 1 tone, 3-way pickup selector
- Tools: all required allen keys (included)