Duesenberg Starplayer Special in Fiesta Red
The Duesenberg Starplayer Special takes their iconic Starplayer singlecut design and gives a solid body makeover to produce an amazing rock and blues machine that will not break the bank. Still made with the same innovative design and hardware that makes Duesenberg guitars so special this more budget friendly model is a brilliant way to get that classic Doozy tone without having to fork over a lot of cash.
Vintage German Design
This guitar is based on a lot of the vintage singlecuts that were around in the 50's but with that Doozy design difference that is sure to turn heads. Made with an alder body topped with carved maple this guitar is not as heavy as most singlecut style guitars. The neck is actually a bolt on design which helps keep it at this great price and has been carved into their classic 'D' shape out of maple. Finished off with an Indian rosewood fretboard this guitar feels like a classic guitar that you are sure to love.
The most impressive part of this guitars build has to be the unique electronics that are inside. The tone control is much more than your standard tone circuit. When set halfway up you have the tone control is actually turned up to 10, anything beyond that point and you start to go into single coil pickup territory. It is slightly odd at first but when you find the sweetspot for your sound no other guitar will sound the same again.
Duesenberg are known for their high quality pickups and this guitar does not change this. Fitted with their Grand Vintage pickup in the neck for smooth solos and brilliant cleans as well as a hotter Crunchbucker in the bridge you are getting the best out of these filtertron esque pickups that sometimes bleed into the more traditional PAF style of pickup. With the multi-tone control pretty much every sound you will ever need is at your fingertips
Doozy Quality Hardware
Nothing beats Doozy design or build quality. To make sure they can give you a guitar that both you and they will love Duesenberg make nearly all of their hardware in house. From their fantastic Z-Tuners to their take on the traditional stoptail bridge this guitar is loaded up with exclusive parts that you will not find with any other brand.
- Type: bolt-on
- Wood: 2-piece maple
- Width: 42,5 mm / 1.67" (nut), 52 mm / 2.05" (12th fret)
- Thickness: 21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95" (12th fret)
- Shape: D
- Fingerboard: indian rosewood
- Radius: 30,5 mm / 12"
- Inlays: pearloid dots
- Frets: 22 jumbo 2,8 x 1,0 mm
- Scale length: 650 mm / 25.6"
- Trussrod: steel dual-action
- Headstock: black
- Type: solidbody, alder
- Top: contoured
- Size: 44 x 32,5 x 5,3 cm - 17.32" x 12.6" x 2.1"
- Binding: cream
- Pickguard: cream
- Finish: PUR lacquer. Back and sides trans-black.
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, tulip buttons
- Bridge: Duesenberg steel saddle bridge
- Tailpiece: aluminum stop tailpiece
- Strap pins: Duesenberg standard
- Hardware color: nickel
- Strings: Duesenberg DSA10 (010-013-017-028-042-050)
- Pickup (neck): Duesenberg Grand Vintage Humbucker
- Pickup (middle): -
- Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg Crunchbucker
- Wiring: 1 volume, 1 multi-tone, 3-way pickup selector
1 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Wednesday, 21 March 2018 This item may be on display
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
1 in stock at our Guildford store
- This item may be our display / demo model.
- Please call to check the condition of this item.
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery
Check what you would pay - select a deposit
Based on months APR
More finance Options
Hide finance Options^
Total amount payable . APR representative.
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.