Duesenberg 49er Series in Gold TopIncludes Case
The Duesenberg 49er delivers the best proof that traditional electric guitars can, through well-aimed and experienced fine-tuning, be made to produce brand new, brilliant sound. That is, not only does the 49er take on classic form with a mahogany body and solid maple top, it comes equipped with coveted Duesenberg features like Z Tuners, Domino P90 and Grand Vintage pickups, innovative electronics and distinctive Duesenberg "three-step" Art Deco design elements.
A unique feature of the 49er is the adjustable string through body system, whereby the guitar strings are drawn through the body for optimal transfer of vibration. Furthermore, pressure at the bridge can be fine-tuned according to preference for each individual string. So, for example, the twang element of the bass strings (low setting) can be raised and combined with the softer response characteristics of the top strings (high setting), or vice versa. These are nuances that make up the huge difference between ordinary guitars and a Duesenberg!
Style and Substance
The combination of a stunning finish on the body and a dark, rich looking neck means this guitar looks genuinly amazing. Sound transfer is supplied –typically for Duesenberg – by a Domino P90 singlecoil at the neck and a Grand Vintage humbucker at the bridge.
It's rare to find this combination of pickups on a guitar and it gives you a great variety of tones to choose from. Each one is incredibly well setup and the pairing of pickups gives you some truly amazing sounds.
These guitars look great, sounds amazing and are built to exacting standards.
- Type: traditionally glued in
- Wood: 1-piece mahogany
- Width: 42,5 mm / 1.67" (nut), 52 mm / 2.05" (12th fret)
- Thickness: 21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95" (12th fret)
- Shape: D
- Fingerboard: indian rosewood
- Radius: 30,5 mm / 12"
- Inlays: pearloid dots
- Frets: 22 jumbo 2,8 x 1,0 mm
- Scale length: 650 mm / 25.6"
- Trussrod: steel dual-action
- Headstock: rosewood veneer
- Type: solidbody, mahogany
- Top: arched solid maple
- Size: 44 x 32,5 x 5,8 cm – 17.32" x 12.6" x 2.26"
- Binding: cream
- Pickguard: cream
- Finish: PUR lacquer. Back and sides trans-black.
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, "Art Diego" buttons
- Bridge: Duesenberg steel saddle bridge
- Tailpiece: 6 string-through-body ferrules
- Strap pins: Duesenberg standard
- Hardware color: nickel
- Strings: Duesenberg DSA10 (010-013-017-028-042-050)
- Pickup (neck): Duesenberg Domino P-90
- Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg Grand Vintage Humbucker
- Wiring: 1 volume, 1 tone, 3-way pickup selector