Here's what Charvel says about the Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 1 HH FR E:
The Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 1 HH FR E is a stunning high-octane axe, fuelled by four decades of guitarist’s requests for a hot-rodded high-performance guitar with the latest and greatest features. Paying homage to its 1980s Southern California roots, the So-Cal blends vintage-style appointments with the classic playability and innovative design elements that have made Charvel a legendary name.
More comfortable than an overstuffed armchair, the So-Cal body is sleekly sculpted out of alder and paired with a rock-solid bolt-on maple neck with a pair of graphite reinforcement rods to handle the ravages of the road and climate. A conveniently located heel-mount spoke wheel allows for rapid truss rod tweaks, even in between songs. Engineered for effortlessly nimble playing, the speed neck profile and 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard with 22 frets is perfect for all styles of play — from low-end riffing to soaring leads with worry-free upper-register bends.
Hot-rodded for unparalleled performance and versatile sound, this instrument hosts a high-output Seymour Duncan Distortion TB-6 humbucking bridge pickup and a warm, fat Seymour Duncan Distortion SH-6N humbucking neck pickup for killer tone. The volume control hides a push/pull coil split for even more highly useful tonal variations, ideal for everything from a biting lead sound to thick, chunky rhythm work.
The no-load tone control operates like a standard tone control from positions one through nine, removing itself from the circuit at position ten for transparent sound, letting the full natural voice of the guitar shine through. Scream or rumble with the Floyd Rose 1000 Series double-locking tremolo system without sacrificing tuning stability or the pinpoint intonation.
Designed for highly-technical playing and with style in mind, the Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 1 HH FR E comes in a fiery Satin Orange Blaze finish with black pickguard and black hardware.
- Body Shape: So-Cal
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Satin
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 12”-16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Floyd Rose 1000 Series Locking, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Licensed Fender Stratocaster
- Tuning Machines: Charvel-Branded Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Truss Rod: Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge: Floyd Rose 1000 Series Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan Distortion TB-6
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Distortion SH-6N
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Both Inner Coils, Position 3. Neck Pickup - (Split Engaged) - Position 1. Bridge Outer Coil, Position 2. Both Outer Coils, Position 3. Neck Outer Coil
- Controls: Volume (Push/Pull Coil Split), No-Load Tone
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)