Charvel Pro-Mod DK24 Dinky FR in Root Beer Burst
The Dinky is a design often associated with Jackson Guitars, but for 2018 Charvel have borrowed from their sister brand, offering a number of 80s-inspired DK24 models. These hot-rodded instruments boast a raft of high-spec features, ensuring optimal playability and, of course, tone!
Loaded with a set of super-hot Seymour Duncan humbuckers, this guitar also features a 1000 Series Floyd Rose tremolo system, a graphite-reinforced neck and a compound radius fretboard for ultimate playing comfort. In terms of hardware appointments and construction, this guitar punches far above what its price suggests.
Alder is a classic tonewood used in the construction of Strat-style guitars, a tradition that Charvel has largely continued to adhere to. With very balanced tonal qualities, Alder ensures a strong mid-range that lends itself particularly well to high-gain, producing a focused tone that can punch through effortlessly in busy mixes. Adorned with a Quilt Maple top, this guitar oozes class.
Paired with a Maple neck, this bright-sounding wood will help to deliver some top-end definition, and a bolt-on construction provides a snappy response with plenty of projection and clarity. Reinforced with Graphite, this neck will remain stable even in differing temperatures and conditions, meaning you won't have to tinker with your setup very often at all.
A compound radius fretboard is an excellent, high-end feature of this instrument. Rounded at the lower end of the neck to make chords easier to play, the fretboard flattens out in the higher register to make shredding a total breeze. This also helps to prevent notes from fretting out when performing string bends, making it a very ergonomic design. Another luxury feature of this guitar is its rolled fingerboard edges, providing even more comfort for your left hand so that you can move up and down the neck super-smoothly.
Electronics and Hardware
This elegant instrument is powered by a pair of high-output Seymour Duncan humbuckers, effortlessly handling high doses of gain without breaking a sweat. The Full Shred in the bridge will deliver searing highs, allowing solos to pierce through in heavy band situations. The Jazz SH-2N neck humbucker gives a less 'in-your-face' tone, sounding warm and smooth.
With a five-way switch, you can get a great amount of pickup combinations, giving you a lot of tonal variety. Positions 2 and 4 allow you to attain S-style single-coil tones, as they select the inner coils of the bridge and neck pickups respectively, offering pristine angelic tones with clean settings.
The Floyd Rose 1000 Series double-locking tremolo will keep your tuning super solid, and with a recessed design you can divebomb and flutter to your heart's content!
Here's what Charvel say about the Pro-Mod DK24 Dinky FR in Root Beer Burst:
A powerful tone machine built for the harder side of rock, the new Charvel Pro-Mod DK24 HH FR M QM comes supercharged with premium features.
The sleekly sculpted Dinky™ body is constructed from alder and has a beautiful quilt maple top and a bolt-on two-piece maple neck with graphite reinforcement for rock-solid stability and a hand-rubbed urethane gel back finish for sublime and speedy playability. The 12”-16” compound radius maple fingerboard hosts 24 jumbo frets and offset dot inlays, and a heel-mounted spoke wheel for quick and easy truss rod tweaks.
Under the hood, the DK24 is ready to handle your heaviest riffs, tastiest leads or angelic clean tones with a Seymour Duncan® Full Shred bridge pickup and a Seymour Duncan Jazz neck pickup. Dial in the tonal spectrum that best suits your playing with five-way blade switching, master volume and a No-Load tone control that operates like a standard tone control from positions one through nine, removing itself from the circuit at position ten for transparent sound, letting the full natural voice of the guitar shine through. Also, enjoy improved sustain and intonation from the recessed Floyd Rose® 1000 series double-locking tremolo bridge system.
Available in Root Beer Burst with gold hardware.
- Series: Pro-Mod
- Body Material: Alder with Quilt Maple Top
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck: Bolt-On 2-Piece Maple Speed Neck with Graphite Reinforcement and Rolled Fingerboard Edges
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Urethane Gel
- Fingerboard: Maple, 12” - 16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Offset Black Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Floyd Rose® FRT-O2000 (592)/FRT-O3000 (580) Locking, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Charvel®-Branded Sealed Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: Floyd Rose® FRT-O2000 (592)/FRT-O3000 (580) Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Pickguard: None
- Pickups: Seymour Duncan® Full Shred SH-10B (Bridge), Seymour Duncan® Jazz SH-2N Humbucking (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Full Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge
- Inner Coil, Position 3. Both Inner Coils, Position 4. - Neck Inner
- Coil, Position 5. - Full Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume, No-Load Tone
- Control Knobs: Dome Style
- Hardware Finish: Black (592), Gold (580)
- Strings: NPS, .009-.042 Gauges
2 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Thursday, 17 January 2019
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
1 in stock at our Guildford store
- This item may be our display / demo model.
- Please call to check the condition of this item.
- We can transfer new & boxed items from our warehouse to our store in 30-40 minutes.
1 in stock at our Guildford warehouse
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery