It might look absolutely battered, but we prefer the word 'character' - and this guitar really is full of it. Henrik Danhage is the guitarist for Swedish prog-metal titans, Evergrey. They're known for their wall of noise; their sound is a true assault on the senses. Charvel have subsequently collaborated with Henrik to pay homage to this mighty sound. Enter the Henrik Danhage Limited Edition Signature Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 1! With a heavy relic finish, it's eye-catching to say the least.
The backbone of the guitar is an immediately distinct So-Cal Style 1 ash body. It's complimented by a bolt-on maple neck (containing graphite reinforcement rods that prevent warping, which can occur due to changes in your environment). Add to this a comfortable maple fingerboard with rolled edges and 22 jumbo frets, and you've got a guitar built for accurate chords and intense riffs.
This instrument features a HS configuration. You'll find a Seymour Duncan JB TB-4 bridge pickup that's been paired with a DiMarzio Area 67 DP419CR single-coil neck pickup. The former brings metal/hard rock character to the table, with a classic, high-output humbucker sound. This is contrasted by the latter's bright and crisp tones.
Use the volume knob - with a push/push selector switch - to swap between the neck and bridge pickups on-the-fly.
A Floyd Rose 1000 Series double-locking tremolo bridge even means that the guitar will remain in tune after the most chaotic practice and performance sessions!
- Series: Artist Signature
- Country Of Origin: MX
- Colour: White Relic
- Body: Ash
- Body Finish: Semi-Gloss Lacquer
- Body Shape: So-Cal Style 1
- Neck Material: Relic'd Maple
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Speed Neck with Rolled Fingerboard Edges
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Relic'd Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Floyd Rose® 1000 Series Locking
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan® JB™ TB-4
- Neck Pickup: DiMarzio® Area 67™ DP419CR
- Controls: Volume (Labeled as Tone) with Push/Push for Pickup Switching
- Pickup Switching: Push/Push: Down = Bridge Pickup, Up = Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HS
- Bridge: Floyd Rose® 1000 Series Double-Locking Tremolo (Top-Mount)
- Hardware Finish: Relic'd Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Charvel®-Branded Die-Cast
- Pickguard: 3-Ply White
- Control Knobs: Skirted White Plastic Numbered Knobs
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Dimensions: 6.00x16.00x42.00 IN
- Weight: 11.00 LB