The ML3 Traditional is a T-shaped rock guitar that combines classic tones with modern design and playability. Perfectly suited to anything from Texas Blues to modern metal, this versatile instrument offers a distinct sound, beautiful organic aesthetics and a price tag that won't break the bank! Better still, the V2 models are made in a new factory - baked tonewoods for improved resonance and durability, improved rolled fretboard edges and US-made pickup magnets. They're onto a winner...
New and Improved Pickups
All V2 Chapman instruments are equipped with brand new pickups made in-house in their new factory. Unlike their previous pickup designs, these feature new magnets sourced specially from the US. Many guitar pickups use generic magnets, the same that you might find in cars or household appliances - these are tailor-made for use in guitars. If you thought the previous humbuckers and single coils sounded great, you’ll love the fresh tone of these precisely-wound models.
Chapman have re-voiced the pickups to provide crisper articulation, a more pronounced midrange and smoother low and high-end frequencies. You’re guaranteed to get studio sound quality and brilliant definition in live use.
Body & Neck
A Mahogany body has been combined with a Flamed Maple veneer for an altered take on the T-style formula. The mahogany ensures a rich sustain that you wouldn't normally expect from this kind of instrument, complemeneted by subtle snappy Maple overtones.
The neck uses Maple again, which is slightly more familiar territory; a satin finish and a C-shape profile ensures a comfortable playability and twang by the bucketload. As with most of Chapman's guitars, a rolled fretboard and a volute near the headstock adds to the sturdiness and comfort-factor - you can't go wrong at this price point.
Hardware & Electronics
Loaded with 2 x Chapman Mojo Hand Zero single coils, the tonewood combination transforms into a wholly applicable sound that'll fit neatly into any musical circumstance. Alnico V magnets offer a hotter, more 'unified' sound than other magnets, making them perfect for crispy cleans and distorted chords alike.
Other notable appointments include a Graph Tech tusq nut, a dual-action truss rod and subtle contours - all of which point to an instrument with features that far outweigh its humble price tag.
- Headstock: Straight heritage headstock
- Neck: Maple with satin finish
- Neck type: C shape recessed bolt-on neck with volute
- Top: Flame maple veneer on flat top with gloss finish
- Body: Mahogany with gloss finish
- Body carves: Arm carve, front lower spoon cut, rear tummy cut, rear lower spoon cut, rear heel contour
- Fretboard: Maple fretboard with rolled edges
- Binding: Reveal
- Frets: 22 jumbo nickel frets
- Fret markers: Black side dots and black front dot inlays
- 12th fret inlay: Black infinity
- Scale length: 648mm (~25.5")
- Tuners: Chapman classic closed (18:1 gearing)
- String nut: Graph Tech Tusq nut
- Truss rod: Dual action
- Bridge: Chapman string-through Tele-style with brass saddles
- Neck pickup: Chapman Mojo Hand Zero single coil, Magnet: alnico 5 output: 7k ohms
- Bridge pickup Chapman Mojo Hand Zero single coil, Magnet: alnico 5 output: 7.6k ohms
- Pickup switch: 3-way blade switch
- Controls: Master volume (250k), master tone (250k)
- Strap buttons: Chapman classic strap buttons