The ML1 Modern is a dual-humbucker guitar that combines classic design with a modern edge. Punchy pickups, a vibrant finish and a simple, comfortable playability make the ML1 Modern a performance instrument through and through. Better still, the V2 models are made in a new factory - baked tonewoods for improved resonance and durability, improved rolled fretboard edges and US-made pickup magnets. They're onto a winner...
New and Improved Pickups
All V2 Chapman instruments are equipped with brand new pickups made in-house in their new factory. Unlike their previous pickup designs, these feature new magnets sourced specially from the US. Many guitar pickups use generic magnets, the same that you might find in cars or household appliances - these are tailor-made for use in guitars. If you thought the previous humbuckers and single coils sounded great, you’ll love the fresh tone of these precisely-wound models.
Chapman have re-voiced the pickups to provide crisper articulation, a more pronounced midrange and smoother low and high-end frequencies. You’re guaranteed to get studio sound quality and brilliant definition in live use.
Body & Neck
Chapman have opted for Mahogany for the body, with a stunning Flamed Maple top. This provides you with uncompromising sustain and excellent clarity, particularly in the midrange and top-end.
For the neck, they've opted for satin-finished Maple, with a set-neck configuration featuring a volute. This reinforcement, combined with a dual-action truss rod, means sturdy tuning stability and excellent proficiency with drop-tuning. The satin finish and familiar C-shape neck means you'll be right at home, whatever your style!
Hardware & Electronics
Chapman have loaded the ML1 Modern with two Sonorous humbuckers; power, clarity, a dense midrange and a hefty low-end perfectly complements the Mahogany and maple construction. Expect soaring sustain and a crystal-clear top-end, clean or distorted.
A 3-way blade pickup switch and a push-pull coil-tap vastly expands your tonal palette. What first appears to be a simple HH configuration suddenly becomes a hugely versatile instrument that'll efficiently handle whatever you throw at it. Top it off with a Graph tech black tusq XL nut and alluring black hardware across the board, and you've struck the perfect balance between versatility and attitude.
- Headstock: Straight heritage headstock
- Neck: Maple with satin finish
- Neck type: C shape recessed bolt-on neck with velute
- Top: Flame maple veneer on flat top with gloss finish
- Body: Mahogany with gloss finish
- Body carves: Arm carve, front lower spoon cut, rear tummy cut, rear lower spoon cut, rear heel contour
- Fretboard: Ebony fretboard with rolled edges
- Binding: Reveal
- Frets: 24 jumbo nickel frets
- Fret markers: Pearl side dots and pearl front dot inlays
- 12th fret inlay: Pearl infinity
- Scale length: 648mm (~25.5")
- Tuners: Chapman classic closed (18:1 gearing)
- String nut: Graph tech black tusq XL nut
- Truss rod: Dual action
- Bridge: Chapman string-through hardtail
- Neck pickup: Chapman Sonorous Zero humbucker
- Magnet: ceramic output: 10.5k ohms
- Bridge pickup: Chapman Sonorous Zero humbucker
- Magnet: ceramic output: 12.5k ohms
- Pickup: switch 3 way blade switch with coil split on push-pull tone knob
- Controls: Master volume (500k), master tone with push-pull (500k)
- Strap buttons: Chapman classic strap buttons