Chapman ML3 Pro Traditional in Satin Triton
The ML3 Pro is a T-shape guitar with loads of traditional, vintage mojo but with a modern edge. The maple fretboard provides that wonderful snappy tone and the guitars been designed to be gigged and played anywhere and everywhere.
The pickups on-board are 2 Chapman Mojo Hand Singlecoils which were designed to give you a powerful, but clear sound. They've got plenty of twang and bite like a T-style guitar should but still retaining loads of body. With a 3 way toggle switch
They can be used for every style of music from blues to classic rock to metal and beyond.
The Chapman Pro series guitars have all got rolled fretboard edges which involves smoothing out any fret edges so that the instrument feels 'played in' even when it's brand new. This process makes the neck much more comfortable to hold and play.
Includes Hard Case
The new Chapman Pro guitars all include a premium quality deluxe hard case. Please note the hard case is not currently for sale separately.
History of the Chapman Guitars
Back in 2009 Rob Chapman came up with the idea of collaboratively designing a guitar with his YouTube fans – over 5000 fans took part in a series of votes to decide on body style, neck profile, headstock shape, pickups and colours, and the original ML-1 was born. Originally made in China & sold as a limited edition one of run in matt black, the ML-1 sold out within 2-3 months & left 100s of fans disappointed that they didn't get one. In 2010 Rob underwent the same process to design the ML-2 – a single cut, double humbucker guitar that again sold out within 2-3 weeks of arrival. In 2012 Rob decided to take the Chapman guitar brand up market, and moved the production to Korea.
The new factory introduced some new features, improved the build quality, and added new colours to the original ML designs. At the NAMM 2017 it was announced that the Chapman range would be split into 2. The Pro series are still built at the same factory in South Korea with a higher spec than before taking these instruments to new heights. And the Standard series guitars are built in Indonesia retaining the same ethos of the current Chapman range, though more affordable.
An easy way to tell the difference between the ranges is by looking at the fretboard. The standard range has got fretboard marker inlays along the fretboard, while the pro series does not.
Here's what Chapman say about the ML3 Pro Traditional
Form and function flow together powerfully and without compromise in the visually alluring ML3 Pro Traditional. Unplugged, you can immediately hear that the lightweight, satin-finished ash body sings loud and true through its beautiful carved top, yielding a wonderfully harmonic, resonant sustain.
Once plugged in, the specially-voiced Chapman Mojo Hand single coil pickups ring true like a ten ton bell, broadcasting your finger tone all the way home.
The ML3 Pro Traditional doesn't djent... it soars like a giant hunting eagle, held by the wind and acknowledged by the mountain gods who echo its voice to the sun. You want one.
- Model: Ml3 pro traditional triton
- Pro series
- Headstock: Straight heritage headstock
- Neck: Maple with satin finish
- Neck type: C shape recessed bolt-on neck with velute
- Top: Swamp ash solid carve top with satin finish
- Body: Swamp ash with satin finish
- Body carves: Front lower spoon cut, rear tummy cut, rear lower spoon cut, rear heel contour
- Fretboard: Maple fretboard with rolled edges
- Frets: 22 jumbo stainless steel frets
- Fret markers: Glow-in-the-dark side dots
- 12th fret inlay: Black infinity
- Scale length: 648mm (~25.5")
- Tuners: Hipshot grip-lock open (18:1 gearing)
- String nut: Graph tech tusq nut
- Strings: D'addario nyxl nickel wound super light, 09-42
- Truss rod: Dual action
- Bridge: Chapman string-through tele-style with brass saddles
- Neck pickup: Chapman Mojo Hand single coil, Magnet: alnico 5 output: 7.3k ohms
- Bridge pickup: Chapman Mojo Hand single coil, Magnet: alnico 5 output: 8.2k ohms
- Pickup switch: 3 way blade switch
- Controls: Master volume (250k), master tone (250k)
- Strap buttons: Chapman strap locks
- Case: Chapman pro hard case
2 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Monday, 25 June 2018 These items are at our warehouse
Free UK Delivery
Check what you would pay - select a deposit
Based on months APR
More finance Options
Hide finance Options^
Total amount payable . APR representative.
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.