The ML3 Modern is a T-style guitar that combines classic design with a modern edge. Punchy pickups, slick looks and a simple, comfortable playability make the ML3 Modern a performance instrument through and through.
Body & Neck
Chapman have opted for a combination of Mahogany for the body and Flamed Maple veneer for the top, providing you with brilliant resonance and a healthy dose of twang - not to mention a striking aesthetic. The gloss finish and subtle contours offer a comfy playing experience and a classy sheen that'll have you spellbound at first sight.
For the neck, they've gone with bolt-on Maple with a satin finish and volute. This reinforcement, combined with a dual-action truss rod, means sturdy tuning stability and excellent proficiency with drop-tuning. The satin finish and familiar C-shape neck means you'll be right at home, whatever your style!
Hardware & Electronics
Chapman have loaded the ML3 Modern with two Sonorous Zero humbuckers; power, clarity, a dense midrange and a hefty low-end perfectly complements the Mahogany construction. Expect soaring sustain and a punchy modern sound, clean or distorted, thanks to the use of modern ceramic magnets.
A 3-way pickup switch and a push-pull coil-tap vastly expands your tonal palette. What first appears to be a simple HH configuration suddenly becomes a hugely versatile instrument that'll efficiently handle whatever you throw at it. Top it off with a Graph tech black tusq XL nut and alluring black hardware across the board, and you've struck the perfect balance between versatility and attitude.
- Headstock: Straight heritage headstock
- Neck: Maple with satin finish
- Neck type: C shape recessed bolt-on neck with volute
- Top: Flame Maple veneer on flat top with gloss finish
- Body: Mahogany with gloss finish
- Body carves: Arm carve, front lower spoon cut, rear tummy cut, rear lower spoon cut, rear heel contour
- Fretboard: Ebony fretboard with rolled edges
- Binding: Reveal
- Frets: 24 jumbo nickel frets
- Fret markers: Pearl side dots and pearl front dot inlays
- 12th fret inlay: Pearl infinity
- Scale length: 648mm (~25.5")
- Tuners: Chapman classic closed (18:1 gearing)
- String nut: Graph Tech black tusq XL nut
- Truss rod: Dual action
- Bridge: Chapman string-through hardtail
- Neck pickup: Chapman Sonorous Zero humbucker, Magnet: ceramic output: 10.5k ohms
- Bridge pickup: Chapman Sonorous Zero humbucker, Magnet: ceramic output: 12.5k ohms
- Pickup switch: 3 way blade switch with coil split on push-pull tone knob
- Controls: Master volume (500k), master tone with push-pull (500k)
- Strap buttons: Chapman classic strap buttons
- Case: Chapman deluxe gig bag