Chapman Guitars ML2 Pro Modern in Satin DuskA Striking Singlecut Design with Glorious Modern Tones Up Its Sleeve!
The ML2 is Chapman's singlecut guitar, the second that was collaboratively designed with the Chapman fanbase after the ML1. In 2017 it was introduced as part of their Pro range, offering superior construction and stunning aesthetics.
Body & Neck
Chapman have opted for Mahogany for the ML2 Modern's body - a classic singlecut choice, you can expect rich sustain and a brilliantly warm low-end and midrange. They've also topped it with a striking piece of Flamed Maple, adding to both the dramatic looks and the clarity of the top-end.
The neck uses Maple, again very familiar territory; a satin finish and a C-shape profile ensures a comfortable playability and the perfect amount of twang. As with most of Chapman's guitars, a rolled fretboard and a volute near the headstock adds to the sturdiness and comfort-factor - a deep cutaway allows for excellent top fret access too.
Hardware & Electronics
Two Chapman Stentorian Zero humbuckers provide plenty of heat to back up the Mahogany and Maple combination. Designed as a more contemporary take on PAF-inspired pickups, they use Alnico V magnets. This means hotter output and more 'unified' chord sounds. On top of that, a 3-way toggle switch with coil-tap option provides you with a huge range of tones. This isn't simply another humbucker-loaded axe - there's way more than meets the eye with the ML2 Modern.
To top it all off, you've got a full set of slick black hardware; combined with the subtle body curves and contrasting Ebony fretboard, you've got striking looks and a modern guitar that's wholly functional in every respect.
- Headstock: Angled pennant headstock with ebony veneer
- Neck: Maple with satin finish
- Neck type: C shape neck-through with volute
- Top: Flame maple solid arch carve top with satin finish
- Body: Mahogany with satin finish
- Body carves: Front lower spoon cut, rear tummy cut, rear lower spoon cut, rear heel contour
- Fretboard: Ebony fretboard with rolled edges
- Binding: Reveal
- Frets: 24 jumbo stainless steel frets
- Fret markers: Glow-in-the-dark side dots and pearl chapman bar inlays on front
- 12th fret inlay: Pearl infinity
- Scale length: 635mm (~25")
- Tuners: Hipshot grip-lock open (18:1 gearing)
- String nut: Graph Tech black tusq XL nut
- Truss rod: Dual action
- Bridge: Chapman tune-o-matic with stop tail
- Neck pickup: Chapman Stentorian humbucker, Magnet: alnico 5 output: 8.21k ohms
- Bridge pickup: Chapman Stentorian humbucker, Magnet: alnico 5 output: 14.1k ohms
- Pickup switch: 3 way toggle switch with coil split on push-pull tone knob
- Controls: Neck volume (500k) and bridge volume (500k), master tone with push-pull (500k)
- Strap buttons: Chapman strap locks
- Case: Chapman Pro hard case
2 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Monday, 21 January 2019
Free UK Delivery