The ML2 is Chapman's singlecut guitar, the second that was collaboratively designed with the Chapman fanbase after the ML1. With simple yet effective features and an alluring design, this is a guitar that's got a lot going for it - and it won't break the bank!
Body & Neck
Chapman have opted for Mahogany for the ML2 Modern's body - a classic singlecut choice, you can expect rich sustain and a brilliantly warm low-end and midrange.
The neck uses Maple, again very familiar territory; a satin finish and a C-shape profile ensures a comfortable playability and the perfect amount of twang. As with most of Chapman's guitars, a rolled fretboard and a volute near the headstock adds to the sturdiness and comfort-factor - you can't go wrong at this price point.
Hardware & Electronics
Two Chapman Stentorian Zero humbuckers provide plenty of heat to back up the Mahogany and Maple combination. Designed as a more contemporary take on PAF-inspired pickups, they use Alnico V magnets. This means hotter output and more 'unified' chord sounds.
To top it all off, glorious chrome hardware; combined with the subtle body curves and contrasting Ebony fretboard, you've got a classy contemporary look that's fully functional. All things considered, the ML2 Modern Standard looks and plays far better than its humble price tag might suggest!
- Headstock: Angled pennant headstock
- Neck: Maple with satin finish
- Neck type: C shape set neck with velute
- Top: Front edge bevel with gloss finish
- Body: Mahogany with gloss finish
- Body carves: Front lower spoon cut, rear tummy cut, rear lower spoon cut, rear heel contour
- Fretboard: Ebony fretboard with rolled edges
- Binding: Reveal
- Frets: 24 jumbo nickel frets
- Fret markers: Pearl side dots and pearl chapman bar inlays on front
- 12th fret inlay: Pearl infinity
- Scale length: 635mm (~25")
- Tuners: Chapman classic closed (18:1 gearing)
- String nut: Graph Tech black tusq XL nut
- Strings: D'addario nyxl nickel wound super light, 09-42
- Truss rod: Dual action
- Bridge: Chapman tune-o-matic with stop tail
- Neck pickup: Chapman Stentorian Zero humbucker, Magnet: alnico 5 output: 9.5k ohms
- Bridge pickup: Chapman Stentorian Zero humbucker, Magnet: alnico 5 output: 14.5k ohms
- Pickup switch: 3 way toggle switch with coil split on push-pull tone knob
- Controls: Neck volume (500k) and bridge volume (500k), master tone with push-pull (500k)
- Strap buttons: Chapman classic strap buttons
- Case: Chapman Deluxe gig bag