Chapman Guitars ML1 Traditional Standard in Gloss CoffeeHeaps of versatility and top-class Chapman design without breaking the bank!
The deceptively understated ML1 Standard was the first ever Chapman Guitars model. Designed in collaboration with Rob Chapman's online followers, it combines modern design with tonal versatility at an affordable price point. It's proved to be a winning formula, becoming one of Chapman's most popular models on the market!
Body & Neck
Chapman chose Ash for the body of the ML1 Standard. Used in some of the first solid-body electric guitars available to the public back in the '50s, Ash has earned its place among tonewood royalty. Known for an even resonance but with a slightly scooped midrange, it's perfect for any playing style, from blues to indie. It's also got a cool pronounced grain that shines through the transparent finish for a subtle organic aesthetic.
The neck is satin-finished Maple; a bright, snappy top-end and a silky smooth playing experience. You'll be able to navigate the full range of the neck with ease - the C-shape will feel familiar whatever your playing style, and the volute will ensure excellent durability.
Hardware & Electronics
Going for the SSS configuration, Chapman have loaded this model with 3 Venus Witch Zero single coil pickups. Featuring Alnico V magnets, they offer a brilliant twang that perfectly complements the classic Ash and Maple combination. Alnico V magnets are known for offering slightly higher outputs than their counterparts, which gives the classic single coil tone a modern edge.
Chrome and nickel hardware finish off the aesthetics of the ML1 in brilliantly old-school fashion. As the term 'traditional' might suggest, this guitar channels classic solid-body design, but without compromising the modern playability Chapman guitars are known for.
- Headstock: Straight heritage headstock
- Neck: Maple with satin finish
- Neck type: C shape recessed bolt-on neck with volute
- Top: Ash veneer on flat top with gloss finish
- Body: Ash with gloss finish
- Body carves: Arm carve, front lower spoon cut, rear tummy cut, rear lower spoon cut, rear heel contour
- Fretboard: Maple fretboard with rolled edges
- Binding: Reveal
- Frets: 22 jumbo nickel frets
- Fret markers: Black side dots and black front dot inlays
- 12th fret inlay: Black infinity
- Scale length: 648mm (~25.5")
- Tuners: Chapman classic closed (18:1 gearing)
- String nut: Graph tech tusq nut
- Truss rod: Dual action
- Bridge: Chapman 2-point tremolo with brass block with brass saddles
- Neck pickup Chapman Venus Witch Zero single coil, Magnet: alnico 5 output: 6.5k ohms
- Middle pickup Chapman Venus Witch Zero single coil, Magnet: alnico 5 output: 6.5k ohms
- Bridge pickup Chapman Venus Witch Zero single coil, Magnet: alnico 5 output: 7.78k ohms
- Pickup switch: 5 way blade switch
- Controls: Master volume (250k), master tone (250k)
- Strap buttons: Chapman classic strap buttons
- Case: Chapman deluxe gig bag