Chapman Guitars ML1 Modern Baritone Standard in Gloss GraphiteExtend your range with this award-winning Baritone model from Chapman Guitars
The ML1 Modern Baritone is a dual-humbucker guitar that combines classic design with crushing modern tones. A unique tonewood combo and a simple, comfortable playability make the ML1 Modern Baritone an outstanding addition to the Chapman Guitars catalogue.
Body & Neck
Chapman have opted for a combination of classic tonewoods for the body: Alder with an Ash veneer top. Alder and Ash are known for being widely used on the vast majority of Fender guitars since the release of their very first solid-bodies back in the '50s. Offering a brilliant combination of scooped but crystal-clear mids and rich, resonating sustain, these woods provide real tonal character.
For the neck, they've opted for satin-finished Maple, with a set-neck configuration featuring a volute. This reinforcement, combined with a dual-action truss rod, means sturdy tuning stability - perfect for that extended range sound. The satin finish and familiar C-shape neck means you'll be right at home, whatever your style!
Hardware & Electronics
Chapman have loaded the ML1 Modern with two Sonorous Zero Baritone humbuckers; power, clarity, a dense midrange and a hefty low-end perfectly complements the unique tonewood cocktail, resulting in firm, chunky baritone sounds. Expect seismic bass frequencies and a crystal-clear midrange, clean or distorted.
A 3-way blade pickup switch and a push-pull coil-tap vastly expands your tonal palette. What first appears to be a simple HH configuration suddenly becomes a hugely versatile instrument that'll efficiently handle whatever you throw at it. Top it off with a Graph tech black tusq XL nut and alluring black hardware across the board, and you've struck the perfect balance between versatility and attitude.
- Headstock: Straight heritage headstock
- Neck: Maple with satin finish
- Neck type: C shape recessed bolt-on neck with velute
- Top: Ash veneer on flat top with gloss finish
- Body: Alder with gloss finish
- Body carves: Arm carve, front lower spoon cut, rear tummy cut, rear lower spoon cut, rear heel contour
- Fretboard: Ebony fretboard with rolled edges
- Binding: Reveal
- Frets: 24 jumbo nickel frets
- Fret markers: Pearl side dots and pearl front dot inlays
- 12th fret inlay: Pearl infinity
- Scale length: 711mm (~28")
- Tuners: Chapman locking (18:1 gearing)
- String nut: Graph tech black tusq XL nut
- Truss rod: Dual action
- Bridge: Chapman string-through hardtail
- Neck pickup: Chapman Sonorous Zero Baritone humbucker, Magnet: alnico 5 output: 12.5k ohms
- Bridge pickup: Chapman Sonorous Zero Baritone humbucker, Magnet: alnico 5 output: 16.5k ohms
- Pickup switch: 3 way blade switch with coil split on push-pull tone knob
- Controls: Master volume (500k), master tone with push-pull (500k)
- Strap buttons: Chapman classic strap buttons
- Case: Chapman Deluxe gig bag
1 In Stock
More stock arriving soon. Next Delivery Due: Unknown This item may be on display
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
1 in stock at our Guildford store
- This item may be our display / demo model.
- Please call to check the condition of this item.
More Stock Arriving Soon
- Next Delivery Due: Unknown
- Please note this date is subject to change
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery
Check what you would pay - select a deposit
Based on months APR
More finance Options
Hide finance Options^
Total amount payable . APR representative.
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.