Chapman Guitars Ghost Fret Standard in Gloss Black BloodLethal tone & Striking looks from the world's first collaborative design guitar company!
Striking looks, lethal tone and surprisingly comfortable playability meet in perfect alignment with the Ghost Fret - arguably the most striking model in the Chapman Guitars line-up. If you're looking to make a statement and turn some heads, this might just be the instrument you're after.
Body & Neck
Mahogany and Maple make up the body and neck respectively. This classic combination ensures weighty resonance, heaps of midrange sustain and a sparkling treble response. This gives it a surprisingly well-rounded tone - but this combination lends itself particularly well to hard rock and metal, as you might expect!
A Flame Maple veneer and gloss finish matches up brilliantly with that body shape - this thing doesn't do subtlety. The C-shape neck features rolled frets and an Ebony fretboard, with a cutaway designed to cater for the most committed of shredders. Speed simply isn't a problem here - you'll be racing up and down the fretboard with ease.
Hardware & Electronics
The Ghost Fret Standard is dual-loaded with Chapman Primordial Zero humbuckers, taming that tonewood combo to deliver the sound you're after. These pickups have been voiced with both power and clarity in mind, perfect for seismic riffs, punchy cleans and screaming lead parts in equal measure!
Other notable appointments include a Graph Tech Tusq nut for tuning stability, a string-through hardtail bridge for a balanced, consistent resonance, and a 3-way pickup switch with push-pull coil split. The Ghost Fret Standard is a riff machine, there's no doubt about it - but it's got more up its sleeve than its lethal appearance may suggest.
- Headstock: Straight guardian headstock
- Neck: Maple with satin finish
- Neck type: C shape set-through neck with volute
- Top: Flame maple veneer on flat top with gloss finish
- Body: Mahogany with gloss finish
- Body carves: Rear tummy cut, rear lower spoon cut, rear heel contour
- Fretboard: Ebony fretboard with rolled edges
- Binding: Reveal
- Frets: 22 jumbo nickel frets
- Fret markers: Pearl side dots and pearl front dot inlays, 12th fret inlay Pearl infinity
- Scale length: 629mm (~24.75")
- Tuners: Chapman classic closed (18:1 gearing)
- String nut: Graph tech black tusq xl nut
- Strings: D'addario NYXL nickel wound super light, 09-42
- Truss rod: Dual action
- Bridge: Chapman string-through hardtail
- Neck pickup: Chapman Primordial Zero humbucker
- Magnet: alnico 5 output: 10k ohms
- Bridge pickup: Chapman Primordial Zero humbucker
- Magnet: alnico 5 output: 16.5k ohms
- Pickup switch: 3 way toggle switch with coil split on push-pull tone knob
- Controls: Master volume (500k), master tone with push-pull (500k)
- Strap buttons: Chapman classic strap buttons
- Case: Chapman deluxe gig bag