This guitar has a small dent on the side.(see images).
PLEASE NOTE: This item may not include all accesories. Please contact us for further information.
The ML2 Modern is a dual humbucker rock guitar that can cover a lot of different styles. The Ebony fretboard gives your notes clarity and the smooth feeling neck makes it easy to go from lead to rhythm and between with ease. The Chapman tune-o-matic with stop tail bridge will make the body resonate more giving you more attack and more sustain and even better tuning stability.
The pickups on-board are 2 Chapman Stentorian Zero humbuckers which were designed to give you a powerful, but clear sound. They can be used for every style of music from blues to classic rock to metal and beyond.
The ML2 also has rolled fretboard edges which involves smoothing out any fret edges so that the instrument feels 'played in' even when it's brand new. This process makes the neck much more comfortable to hold and play.
History of the Chapman Guitars
Back in 2009 Rob Chapman came up with the idea of collaboratively designing a guitar with his YouTube fans – over 5000 fans took part in a series of votes to decide on body style, neck profile, headstock shape, pickups and colours, and the original ML-1 was born. Originally made in China & sold as a limited edition one of run in matt black, the ML-1 sold out within 2-3 months & left 100s of fans disappointed that they didn't get one. In 2010 Rob underwent the same process to design the ML-2 – a single cut, double humbucker guitar that again sold out within 2-3 weeks of arrival. In 2012 Rob decided to take the Chapman guitar brand up market, and moved the production to Korea.
The new factory introduced some new features, improved the build quality, and added new colours to the original ML designs. At the NAMM 2017 it was announced that the Chapman range would be split into 2. The Pro series are still built at the same factory in South Korea with a higher spec than before taking these instruments to new heights. And the Standard series guitars are built in Indonesia retaining the same ethos of the current Chapman range, though more affordable.
An easy way to tell the difference between the ranges is by looking at the fretboard. The standard range has got fretboard marker inlays along the fretboard, while the pro series does not.
Here's what Chapman say about the ML2 Modern
Sleek, bevelled, glossy edges roll from the top of the ML2 Modern's body, accented a pair of Chapman Zerø Stentorian Alnico 5 humbuckers, working together perfectly to form a striking new modern take on a classic design. With a 25" scale length, satin finish maple neck and 24 frets, the ML2 Modern is just as happy with heavy riffing, strung thick in drop tunings, as it is in standard tuning ripping out a melody.
But it's not the obvious and aesthetically pleasing features that make the ML2 Modern stand out amongst the crowd. Just pull it from its Chapman Deluxe gig bag and your hand will immediately notice the lightweight mahogany body and craftsmanship that has gone into the rolled edges of the ebony fretboard - for the first time featuring Chapman's new bar inlays.
- Model: Ml2 modern white dove
- Series: Standard series
- Headstock: Angled pennant headstock
- Neck: Maple with satin finish
- Neck type: C shape set neck with velute
- Top: Front edge bevel with gloss finish
- Body: Mahogany with gloss finish
- Body carves: Front lower spoon cut, rear tummy cut, rear lower spoon cut, rear heel contour
- Fretboard: Ebony fretboard with rolled edges
- Binding: Reveal
- Frets: 24 jumbo nickel frets
- Fret markers: Pearl side dots and pearl chapman bar inlays on front
- 12th fret inlay: Pearl infinity
- Scale length: 635mm (~25")
- Tuners: Chapman classic closed (18:1 gearing)
- String nut: Graph tech black tusq xl nut
- Strings: D'addario nyxl nickel wound super light, 09-42
- Truss rod: Dual action
- Bridge: Chapman tune-o-matic with stop tail
- Neck pickup: Chapman Stentorian Zerop humbucker, Magnet: alnico 5 output: 9.5k ohms
- Bridge pickup: Chapman Stentorian Zero humbucker, Magnet: alnico 5 output: 14.5k ohms
- Pickup switch: 3 way toggle switch with coil split on push-pull tone knob
- Controls: Neck volume (500k) and bridge volume (500k), master tone with push-pull (500k)
- Strap buttons: Chapman classic strap buttons
- Case: Chapman deluxe gig bag