Condition: This guitar has some light scratches on the body but is in otherwise great condition.
PLEASE NOTE: This item is b-stock and may not include all accessories. Please contact us for further information.
The G&L Legacy is an S-Style double cutaway guitar with all of the classic vibe and retro feel you'd expect but with modern playability. It's got 3 powerful Alnico V single coil pickups that'll give you the quack and punch you'd expect from an S-Style guitar but with a modern playability and feel.
The medium C shaped beck fits comfortably in the hand and the medium jumbo frets let you bend and shred with ease.
G&L guitars were formed in the late 70s by Leo Fender, George Fullerton and Dale Hyatt after Leo Fender had produced instruments for Music Man.
These guitars well-built instruments with the classic vibe and sound that you'd expect from any guitar designed by Leo Fender. Ths includes innovations like:
- MFD Pickup - This pickup uses a ceramic bar over a magnet rather than a traditional Alnico magnet. This is so that you can set the output of each string rather than the overall volume like you would with traditional singlecoils.
- G&L Saddle-Lock bridge - This is the use of a small Allen screw on the side of the bridge to remove side-to-side movement of the string saddles. By keeping the locking saddles together, you'll prevent loss of sustain.
Here's what G&L say about the Legacy
The G&L Legacy™ blends contemporary refinements from the Leo Fender-designed S-500 and Comanche models with classic Alnico V pickups. If your holy grail is faithful Alnico single-coil tone with modern refinements and superb craftsmanship, the Legacy makes for an excellent choice.
The Legacy’s vintage-spec CLF-100 Alnico V pickups have that unmistakable chime and quack reminiscent of the best examples from the late ‘50s, thanks to the work of G&L's Paul Gagon. Gagon found his inspiration reviewing original prints stored in Leo’s private laboratory at G&L, but that was just the start. In the early '80s, Gagon was an R&D engineer at another company when he was tasked with finding out what was so special about the early bolt-on guitars many players raved about.
Gagon analyzed many examples of what were considered holy grail guitars, spending time out on the shop floor talking to builders still working in the pickup department since the ‘50s, all on a quest to discover where the real mojo was – and wasn’t. What he learned from the builders matched his own engineering analysis. You see, back in the day, the actual spec of pickups coming down that old production line varied considerably.
That meant coming up with the right specs for the Legacy pickups was more challenging than simply following the prints. Gagon’s persistence paid off as the Legacy garnered rave reviews from both players and magazines like Guitar Player and Guitar World.
This axe is no slave to the past, however, starting with Leo’s PTB (Passive Treble and Bass) system which functions on all three pickups for dramatically more variety than the vintage setup. What’s more, the Legacy features a Leo Fender-designed Dual-Fulcrum vibrato, a work of engineering art which allows bending up or down with unsurpassed stability, while offering a silky feel through its beefy aluminum vibrato arm.
The Legacy is all about honest, classic Alnico tone complemented by Leo’s own modern refinements. And now, it’s available at a price within reach of every working musician. Once you play a G&L Tribute Series, you’ll never look back.
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 25 1/2"PICKUPS: G&L CLF-100 Alnico V single-coils made in Fullerton, California
- BODY WOOD: Swamp Ash on translucent and burst finishes, Basswood on solid finishes
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Maple or Rosewood fingerboard
- NECK WIDTH AT NUT: 1 5/8"
- NECK RADIUS: 12"
- NECK PROFILE: medium C
- FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, nickel
- TUNING KEYS: 18:1 ratio, sealed-back
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Dual-Fulcrum™ vibrato
- CONTROLS: 5-position pickup selector, volume, treble, bass (PTB system)