B Stock : Chapman MLV Pro Modern in Satin Iris
This guitar is in good condition, with some rough masking on the binding edge (see images).
PLEASE NOTE: This item may not include all accesories. Please contact us for further information.
The MLV Pro Modern is a dual humbucker Flying-V rock guitar with bucket loads of attitude. The stunning Iris finish is truly something to behold. The Ebony fretboard gives your notes clarity and the smooth feeling neck makes it easy to go from lead to rhythm and between with ease. The Floyd Rose bridge will allow you to divebomb until your hearts content and the locking nut will keep it all in tune, no matter how crazy you get.
The pickups on-board are 2 Chapman Stentorian humbuckers which were designed to give you a powerful, but clear sound. They can be used for every style of music from blues to classic rock to metal and beyond. But, you definitely say these pickups want to be cranked up loud!
The Chapman Pro series guitars have all got rolled fretboard edges which involves smoothing out any fret edges so that the instrument feels 'played in' even when it's brand new. This process makes the neck much more comfortable to hold and play.
History of the Chapman Guitars
Back in 2009 Rob Chapman came up with the idea of collaboratively designing a guitar with his YouTube fans – over 5000 fans took part in a series of votes to decide on body style, neck profile, headstock shape, pickups and colours, and the original ML-1 was born. Originally made in China & sold as a limited edition one of run in matt black, the ML-1 sold out within 2-3 months & left 100s of fans disappointed that they didn't get one. In 2010 Rob underwent the same process to design the ML-2 – a single cut, double humbucker guitar that again sold out within 2-3 weeks of arrival. In 2012 Rob decided to take the Chapman guitar brand up market, and moved the production to Korea.
The new factory introduced some new features, improved the build quality, and added new colours to the original ML designs. At the NAMM 2017 it was announced that the Chapman range would be split into 2. The Pro series are still built at the same factory in South Korea with a higher spec than before taking these instruments to new heights. And the Standard series guitars are built in Indonesia retaining the same ethos of the current Chapman range, though more affordable.
An easy way to tell the difference between the ranges is by looking at the fretboard. The standard range has got fretboard marker inlays along the fretboard, while the pro series does not.
Here's what Chapman say about the MLV
From the tip of its ebony-covered headstock to the ends of its carved flame maple wings, the MLV Pro Modern is stealthy, angular attack machine.
Once you wrap your hand around its C-shaped, set-through, mahogany neck with rolled edges and feel the 24 jumbo stainless steel frets, you'll realise that the MLV Pro Modern was designed with zero compromise on tone and playability.
Complete with a stunning flame maple cap, trimmed with an unfinished edge and fully-loaded with a Floyd Rose tremolo bridge, Hipshot classic open tuners and glow-in-the-dark side dots, you'll never want to put the MLV Pro Modern away.
- Model: Mlv pro modern iris
- Pro series
- Headstock: Angled pike headstock with ebony veneer
- Neck: Mahogany with satin finish
- Neck type: C shape set-through neck with velute
- Top: Flame maple solid arch carve top with satin finish
- Body: Mahogany with satin finish
- Body carves: Rear heel contour
- Fretboard: Ebony fretboard with rolled edges
- Binding: Reveal
- Frets: 24 jumbo stainless steel frets
- Fret markers: Glow-in-the-dark side dots
- 12th fret inlay: Pearl infinity
- Scale length: 648mm (~25.5")
- Tuners: Hipshot classic open (18:1 gearing)
- String nut: Locking nut
- Strings: D'addario nyxl nickel wound super light, 09-42
- Truss rod: Dual action
- Bridge: Floyd rose tremolo
- Neck pickup: Chapman Stentorian humbucker, Magnet: alnico 5 output: 8.21k ohms
- Bridge pickup: Chapman Stentorian humbucker, Magnet: alnico 5 output: 14.1k ohms
- Pickup switch: 5 way super switch with coil split
- Controls: Master volume (500k), master tone (500k)
- Strap buttons: Chapman strap locks
- Case: Chapman pro hard case