The bridge on this guitar is slightly tarnished and appears aged - other than that, it plays perfectly!
The ML3 Traditional is an T shaped rock guitar that can cover a lot of different styles. The Maple fretboard gives your notes bright clarity and the smooth feeling neck makes it easy to go from lead to rhythm and between with ease. The Chapman string-through hardtail bridge will make the body resonate more giving you more attack and more sustain and even better tuning stability.
The pickups on-board are 2 Chapman Mojo Hand Zero single coil Alnico pickups which were designed to give you a bright and clear tone. They can be used for every style of music from blues to classic rock to metal and beyond.
The ML3 also has rolled fretboard edges which involves smoothing out any fret edges so that the instrument feels 'played in' even when it's brand new. This process makes the neck much more comfortable to hold and play.
History of the Chapman Guitars
Back in 2009 Rob Chapman came up with the idea of collaboratively designing a guitar with his YouTube fans – over 5000 fans took part in a series of votes to decide on body style, neck profile, headstock shape, pickups and colours, and the original ML-1 was born. Originally made in China & sold as a limited edition one of run in matt black, the ML-1 sold out within 2-3 months & left 100s of fans disappointed that they didn't get one. In 2010 Rob underwent the same process to design the ML-2 – a single cut, double humbucker guitar that again sold out within 2-3 weeks of arrival. In 2012 Rob decided to take the Chapman guitar brand up market, and moved the production to Korea.
The new factory introduced some new features, improved the build quality, and added new colours to the original ML designs. At the NAMM 2017 it was announced that the Chapman range would be split into 2. The Pro series are still built at the same factory in South Korea with a higher spec than before taking these instruments to new heights. And the Standard series guitars are built in Indonesia retaining the same ethos of the current Chapman range, though more affordable.
An easy way to tell the difference between the ranges is by looking at the fretboard. The standard range has got fretboard marker inlays along the fretboard, while the pro series does not.
Here's what Chapman say about the ML3 Trad in White Dove
The second you pick up the ML3 Traditional and spank out your first chord, you'll be amazed at how clear, crisp and loud the Chapman Zerø Mojo Hand pickups are. A simple pair of single coil, Alnico 5 powerhouses, barking out tone for days. If you're looking for a straight-forward workhorse, or just unbridled powerful simplicity, then the ML3 Traditional may be your new axe.
High-end features like the rolled edges and a satin finished neck really make you feel like your at home playing on a guitar you've owned for years. With a Chapman hard tail and a self-lubricating, Graph Tech TUSQ nut, brass saddles, great tuning stability and ease of functionality will quickly make the ML3 Traditional the guitar you pick up the most... and put down the least.
- Model: Ml3 traditional white dove
- Standard series
- Headstock: Straight heritage headstock
- Neck: Maple with satin finish
- Neck type: C shape recessed bolt-on neck with velute
- Top: Flat with gloss finish
- Body: Mahogany with gloss finish
- Body carves: Arm carve, front lower spoon cut, rear tummy cut, rear lower spoon cut, rear heel contour
- Fretboard: Maple fretboard with rolled edges
- Binding: Reveal
- Frets: 22 jumbo nickel frets
- Fret markers: Black side dots and black front dot inlays
- 12th fret inlay: Black infinity
- Scale length: 648mm (~25.5")
- Tuners: Chapman classic closed (18:1 gearing)
- String nut: Graph tech tusq nut
- Strings: D'addario nyxl nickel wound super light, 09-42
- Truss rod: Dual action
- Bridge: Chapman string-through tele-style with brass saddles
- Neck pickup: Chapman Mojo Hand Zero single coil, Magnet: alnico 5 output: 7k ohms
- Bridge pickup: Chapman Mojo Hand Zero single coil, Magnet: alnico 5 output: 7.6k ohms
- Pickup switch: 3 way blade switch
- Controls: Master volume (250k), master tone (250k)
- Strap buttons: Chapman classic strap buttons
- Case: Chapman deluxe gig bag