B Stock : Chapman ML1 Traditional Standard in Gloss Lunar
This guitar has a scratch next to the middle pickup - other than that, it's in perfect playing condition!
The ML1 Traditional is an S shaped rock guitar that can cover a lot of different styles. The Maple fretboard gives your notes clarity and the smooth feeling neck makes it easy to go from lead to rhythm and between with ease. The Chapman 2-point tremolo has a brass block and brass saddles to maximise the resonance of the body.
On-board are 3 Chapman Venus Witch Zero single coil Alnico pickups which were designed to give you a diverse range of tones. They can be used for every style of music from blues to classic rock to metal and beyond.
The ML1 also has rolled fretboard edges which involves smoothing out any fret edges so that the instrument feels 'played in' even when it's brand new. This process makes the neck much more comfortable to hold and play.
History of the Chapman Guitars
Back in 2009 Rob Chapman came up with the idea of collaboratively designing a guitar with his YouTube fans – over 5000 fans took part in a series of votes to decide on body style, neck profile, headstock shape, pickups and colours, and the original ML-1 was born. Originally made in China & sold as a limited edition one of run in matt black, the ML-1 sold out within 2-3 months & left 100s of fans disappointed that they didn't get one. In 2010 Rob underwent the same process to design the ML-2 – a single cut, double humbucker guitar that again sold out within 2-3 weeks of arrival. In 2012 Rob decided to take the Chapman guitar brand up market, and moved the production to Korea.
The new factory introduced some new features, improved the build quality, and added new colours to the original ML designs. At the NAMM 2017 it was announced that the Chapman range would be split into 2. The Pro series are still built at the same factory in South Korea with a higher spec than before taking these instruments to new heights. And the Standard series guitars are built in Indonesia retaining the same ethos of the current Chapman range, though more affordable.
An easy way to tell the difference between the ranges is by looking at the fretboard. The standard range has got fretboard marker inlays along the fretboard, while the pro series does not.
Here's what Chapman say about the ML1 Traditional
The first time you pick up your brand new ML1 Traditional your eyes will take in a visual feast of the stunning swamp ash body and . But over time the satin finish neck, complete with rolled edges, will take on the wonderfully worn and comfortable feel of a trusted old friend. Years from now you will be able to read the story of your work in the grain of the satin natural fretboard, gradually building up the visual heritage of your hard spent hours.
Plug it in and the ML1 Traditional yields a myriad of tones from crisp, woody and clean through to soaring, powerful lead tones, all forged by your hands in the fire of the specially-voiced Chapman Venus Witch Zerø single coil pickup set and finished off with brass saddles and a brass tremolo block. Available in Coffee and Lunar, the ML1 Traditional comes complete with a Chapman Deluxe gig bag and is best served loud.
- Model: Ml1 traditional lunar
- Standard series
- Headstock: Straight heritage headstock
- Neck: Maple with satin finish
- Neck type: C shape recessed bolt-on neck with velute
- Top: Ash veneer on flat top with gloss finish
- Body: Ash with gloss finish
- Body carves: Arm carve, front lower spoon cut, rear tummy cut, rear lower spoon cut, rear heel contour
- Fretboard: Maple fretboard with rolled edges
- Binding: Reveal
- Frets: 22 jumbo nickel frets
- Fret markers: Black side dots and black front dot inlays
- 12th fret inlay: Black infinity
- Scale length: 648mm (~25.5")
- Tuners: Chapman classic closed (18:1 gearing)
- String nut: Graph tech tusq nut
- Strings: D'addario nyxl nickel wound super light, 09-42
- Truss rod: Dual action
- Bridge: Chapman 2-point tremolo with brass block with brass saddles
- Neck pickup Chapman Venus Witch Zero single coil, Magnet: alnico 5 output: 6.5k ohms
- Middle pickup Chapman Venus Witch Zero single coil, Magnet: alnico 5 output: 6.5k ohms
- Bridge pickup Chapman Venus Witch Zero single coil, Magnet: alnico 5 output: 7.78k ohms
- Pickup switch: 5 way blade switch
- Controls: Master volume (250k), master tone (250k)
- Strap buttons: Chapman classic strap buttons
- Case: Chapman deluxe gig bag