The Custom 24 has long been a staple of the PRS range, hailed for its versatility, reliability and of course its stunning yet understated appearance. This addition to our PRS range comes from their Wood Library selection, a stash of premium woods with unique grains that sound as good as they look. Make no mistake, this guitar delivers on every front; typically spellbinding aesthetics, unparalleled playability and a gloriously rich tone that has to be heard to be believed!
Made In Maryland
Like all USA PRS guitars this has been made in their Maryland factory which mixes traditional luthiers and machines to make a guitar to the highest quality every time while still keeping that personal hand made touch. Made with a mahogany body and neck that have been topped with some beautiful figured maple and rosewood respectively. This guitar has a sound unique to it with a focused midrange that cuts you through the mix without sounding muddy.
The Neck on this guitar has been cut to the always popular 'Pattern Thin' profile. Designed to be thin enough for shredders to enjoy while still being rounded enough for rhythm players to get around this neck profile is one of the most popular for more modern style guitarists.
In recent years PRS have started creating a wider range of pickups all based on vintage style PAF pickups but with modern twists to make them more suitable for the modern guitarist. This year they have introduced the new 85/15 pickups that focus on providing the best pickups for the modern guitarist. When compared to other pickups like the 58/08s and 59/09s these pickups have impeccable clarity with extended high and low end to make sure you can get the tone you want every time you plug it in.
Second To None Hardware
Not many companies can say that they have spent so long getting their hardware just perfect. PRS are one of the few that can the PRS Tremolo and Phase III Locking tuners work together to keep the guitar in tune no matter how extreme you go. Even if you go full on Hendrix this guitar will still stand its ground.
Pickup Switching Positions
- Position One: Bridge humbucker
- Position Two: Bridge humbucker with neck singlecoil, in parallel
- Position Three: Bridge and neck humbuckers
- Position Four: Neck singlecoil with bridge singlecoil, in parallel
- Position Five: Neck humbucker
- Top Wood: Carved Figured Maple (Flame or Quilt)
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Number of Frets: 24
- Scale Length: 25"
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: Rosewood
- Neck Shape: Pattern Regular
- Fretboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl Birds
- Headstock Inlay: Rosewood Veneer with Inlaid Signature
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge: PRS Tremolo Gen III
- Tuners: PRS Phase III Locking Tuners
- Hardware Type: Nickel
- Treble Pickup: 85/15 Treble
- Bass Pickup: 85/15 Bass
- Pickup Switching: Volume and Tone Control with 5-Way Blade Pickups Selector