Left Handed Versions Available
Many of Gibson's USA guitars are available in left-handed configurations. If you're a southpaw who's always dreamed of owning a US-made Gibson, please contact us with any enquiries.
The Gibson Les Paul Standard is the flagship model for Gibson. For the new range, they’ve taken it back to the golden era of the electric guitar for a truly spellbinding experience. Unbelievable sounds, head-turning looks – an authentic Les Paul experience!
- ABR-1 Bridge normally found on Custom Shop models
- Grover button machineheads
- Thinner 60s style neck carve
- Burstbucker 61R and 61T pickups which are slightly hotter, Alnico V pickups.
- No weight relief
- Audio Taper pots for a smooth volume transition
- Electronics are no longer PCB mounted
Body & Neck
The guitar is made with the winning formula that the Les Paul is known for. The single Mahogany back with AA Figured Maple top is the classic combo, for a reserved but undeniably beautiful aesthetic.
The Slim Taper Mahogany neck is asymmetrical to fit the hand more comfortably – and it wouldn’t be a ‘60s Les Paul without a Rosewood fretboard, perfect for warming up your tone.
Hardware & Electronics
The pickups are BurstBucker 61s, powerful Alnico V humbuckers voiced to resemble the definitive ‘60s Les Paul sound. To ensure that they sound authentic, the electronics are handwired with Orange Drop Capacitors, renowned for providing that timeless sizzle. Think barking midrange, weighty Mahogany resonance and a top-end that adds a rustic sheen to any style.
The hardware has been carefully selected to complete the classic Les Paul picture. Grover Rotomatics with Kidney buttons & Gold Top Hat knobs are among the notable features, with Nickel plating perfectly contrasting the warm, wooden finish.
- Material Mahogany
- Top AA Figured Maple
- Weight Relief None
- Neck Mahogany
- Prole Slim Taper
- Nut width 1.695" / 43.05mm
- Fingerboard Rosewood
- Scale length 24.75" / 628.65mm
- Number of frets 22
- Nut Graph Tech
- Inlay Acrylic Trapezoids
- Bridge ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic
- Knobs Gold Top Hats with Silver Reector & Pointers
- Tuners Grover Rotomatics w/ Kidney Buttons
- Plating Nickel
- Neck pickup Burstbucker 61R
- Bridge pickup Burstbucker 61T
- Controls 2 Volumes, 2 Tones & Toggle Switch (Hand-wired with Orange Drop Capacitors)
- Case Included