Gibson Custom Shop M2M Danish Pete '58 Les Paul VOS in True Historic Cherry Sunburst - Andertons Spec
Featuring a Figured Maple Top Hand-Selected by Danish Pete & Captain Lee!
OUT OF STOCK
More stock due in 3 months or longer.
to order online today
at our Guildford Store
FREE UK Delivery
Earn 4999 Loyalty Points
Click and Collect
Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar is an exciting experience, but it can be a little overwhelming too. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
This exquisite Custom Shop 'Made 2 Measure' 1958 Les Paul is a must-have for the avid Andertons fan and Gibson collector — featuring a figured Maple top hand-selected by our very own Danish Pete and Captain Lee!
Based on the 'True Historic' Tom Murphy '58 Les Paul that "found" Danish Pete when he visited Gibson's London showroom in 2019, this spellbinding instrument is an immensely-detailed recreation of that captivating guitar which will evoke plenty of inspiring "Golden Era" charm with its traditional specifications.
Andertons-Selected Figured Maple Top
Pete Honoré and Lee Anderton returned to Gibson's London HQ in the Summer of 2020 to spec three distinct Custom Shop '58 Les Pauls through the brand's 'Made 2 Measure' programme, inspired by the model that captured Danish Pete's heart.
Carefully inspecting around 150 exemplary flamed/figured Maple tops, the pair managed to narrow down their favourite few — which have been used for this highly-limited Custom Shop run!
- Mahogany Construction — Timeless tonewood (used for the body/neck) yields the thick and sustain-rich sound synonymous with Gibson guitars.
- Non-Weight Relieved Body — Old-school design; gives the instrument a substantial feel and captures that iconic vintage sound.
- Nitrocellulose 'VOS' Finish — Traditional lacquer; allows the guitar to "breathe" and resonate more freely. It'll age beautifully over time too!
- 'Made 2 Measure' Neck Shape — Custom profile provides the same feel as Danish Pete's '58 Les Paul.
- Indian Rosewood Fingerboard — Smooth and silky material, featuring a comfortable 12" radius and 22 frets.
- Medium Jumbo Frets — Offer a controllable feel for wide vibrato and pitch-perfect string bends.
- Custom-Wound Pickups — Expertly-wired by the 'Made 2 Measure' team to capture the sound of Danish Pete's '58 Les Paul. Provide nostalgic 'PAF' humbucking tones; producing a punchy mid-range character with smooth, rounded highs.
- ABR Bridge — Legendary Gibson 'Tune-O-Matic' design. Easily-adjustable and maximises string vibration transference through the body.
- Reissue Kluson Tuners — Period-correct look; high-quality construction allows for precise pitching and guarantees decades of reliable operation.
- Included Hardshell Case — Perfectly protects this remarkable Custom Shop creation against dust and damage!
- Shape: Les Paul
- Top: Light Figured Maple
- Back: 1-Piece Mahogany
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer, VOS
- Material: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: Custom Danish Pete 'Made 2 Measure' Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- Inlays: Aged Nitrocellulose Trapezoid
- Joint: Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Bridge: ABR with Thumbwheels
- Tailpiece: Reissue Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
- Tuners: Reissue Kluson Green Keys, Single Band
- Pickguard: Historic
- Knobs: Gold Top Hats
- Finish: Nickel
- Neck Pickup: Custom Danish Pete 'Made 2 Measure' Spec
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Danish Pete 'Made 2 Measure' Spec
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way
- Output Jack: 1/4"
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
Mr Robert Garnham27th May 2021
Mr james oliphant9th May 2021
Mr Ashley Treeby20th Apr 2021
Select deposit amount
0% = £0.00
- Total Cash Price
- Amount of Credit
- Duration of Agreement
- 0 Months
- 0 Monthly Repayments
- Cost of Credit
- APR Representative
- Annual Rate of Interest
- Settlement Fee
- Total Amount Payable