D'Angelico Premier EXL-1 Hollowbody Archtop Electric Guitar in Fiesta Red
The Original Archtop Remade for the Contemporary Player! Includes Free Gig Bag.
This product is not currently available.
Includes Free Gig Bag!
Born in NYC’s Little Italy, D’Angelico is widely regarded as one of the finest archtop guitar manufacturers of the 20th century. Nowadays, they make guitars of all shapes and sizes; all built with the same exceptional detail, mastery and flair that put them on the map.
The Premier Series EXL-1 is the modern-day affordable counterpart to John D’Angelico’s original archtop. Understated yet spellbinding looks, and an authentic design with a handful of modern appointments — this timeless instrument delivers hollow-body warmth in 21st Century fashion.
- Hollowbody Construction — Yields a balanced and organic tone with stellar resonance; enhanced by the bright-sounding laminated Maple/Spruce tonewoods.
- Single Cutaway Body Design — Provides generous access to the higher register; perfect for throwing in silky-smooth lead lines.
- Multi-Piece Maple Neck — Layered, 3-piece construction adds rigidity and ensures exceptional tuning stability.
- Medium Jumbo Frets — Offer a controllable feel for wide vibrato and pitch-perfect string bends.
- Seymour Duncan Designed Pickup — Neck-mounted, floating mini-humbucker highlights the instrument's naturally punchy mids and warm acoustic edge.
- Included Gig Bag — Perfectly protects the Premier EXL-1 against knocks on the road!
Body & Neck
The EXL-1’s curvy single-cut body employs Laminated Flamed Maple back/sides and a Laminated Spruce top. This provides plenty of top-end clarity to counter the hollow-body warmth, with a pinch of acoustic-esque resonance for good measure.
The multi-piece neck employs 3 strips of solid Maple. This adds yet more mid-range/top-end brightness to the woolly humbucker sound, great for bringing out your jazz leads and rhythmic comping.
Hardware & Electronics
A single Duncan-designed floating mini-humbucker sits in the neck position, just like the archtop designs of old. This classy-style pickup ensures a bold, dynamic response that perfectly complements the tonewood combination.
The hardware is chrome from top to bottom, including elegant Rotomatic Stairstep tuners — it’s an undeniably striking instrument! But everything has a purpose. Expect fantastic tuning stability, squeaky-clean intonation and rock-solid reliability across the board.
- Body Style: Hollowbody
- Body Shape: Single Cutaway
- Body Material: Laminated Flamed Maple
- Top Material: Laminated Spruce
- Binding (Top): Multi-Ply Cream
- Neck Material: 3-Piece Maple
- Neck Shape: C
- Neck Joint: Set-Thru
- Fretboard Material: Ovangkol
- Fingerboard Radius: 14”
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Acrylic Block
- Nut Material: PPS
- Scale Length: 25.5”
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan-Designed Floating Mini-Humbucker
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Bridge: Ovangkol
- Tailpiece: D’Angelico Stairstep Trapeze
- Tuners: Rotomatic Stairstep
- Hardware Colour: Chrome
- Strings: D'Angelico Electrozinc Jazz 12s (12-52)
What are points worth?
How many points will I earn when I shop?
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
Ralph Dunlop28th Jan 2022
Trusted Customer12th Jan 2022
Mr Carsten Groenvold30th Dec 2021
Trusted Customer15th Dec 2021
Trusted Customer9th Oct 2021
Finance available at checkout for orders £300+