The G5655TG Electromatic Center Block Jr. combines classic Gretsch semi-hollow tones with an outstandingly luxurious feel. Smaller than your average semi-hollow Gretsch, the G5655TG is a classic centrepiece guitar, all the while being suited to high volume, gritty gain playing.
Center Block Jr. Body
The body design is what Gretsch call a “Center Block Jr.” These guitars are more compact than a regular Gretsch Center Block and as a result are much easier to handle. The smaller body size works in tandem with the chambered spruce centre block to ensure a stable tone at higher volume and gain levels. Center Block Jrs. are rock machines allowing you to experience the warmth and resonance of a semi-hollow without worrying about unwanted feedback.
The neck on the Center Block Jr. is extremely comfortable thanks to a thin “U” profile with rounded shoulders, which is great for playing chords and wrapping your thumb around the neck. The 12” radius fingerboard and medium jumbo frets also make arpeggios, legato and tremolo picking techniques a breeze.
Pickups and Hardware
The Black Top Broad’Tron humbuckers in the Center Block Jr. are designed to deliver powerful, yet articulate iconic Gretsch tone. Broad’Trons sound great clean while playing country and blues genres, but really come alive when you turn up the gain for some punchier rock styles.
Also equipped is a Bigsby vibrato tailpiece. Not only does it look cool, the Bigsby allows you to throw some subtle vibrato into your playing. The Center Block Jr. is finished with gold hardware for a classy, eye-catching aesthetic.
- Collection: Electromatic®
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Upper Bout: 10.5” (267 mm)
- Lower Bout: 13.5” (343 mm)
- Waist: 8.625” (219 mm)
- Neck: Maple, Thin “U”
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Fingerboard: Laurel, 12” (305 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Neo-Classic™ Thumbnail
- Nut (Material/Width): Graph Tech® NuBone®, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 24.6” (625 mm)
Electronics and Hardware
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic™
- Tailpiece: Bigsby® B70
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi with Black Gretsch® and Electromatic® Logos
- Pickups: Black Top Broad’Tron™ (Bridge & Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2.
- Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master
- Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: G-Arrow
- Hardware Color: Gold