Epiphone Ltd Ed ES-335 Pro in Ebony
The Ltd. Ed. ES-335 PRO brings a vintage workhorse into the future with Epiphone's Alnico Classic PRO humbuckers and coil-splitting. The original ES-335 was a breakthrough guitar design when it was introduced in 1958. In many ways, the "335" was every bit as revolutionary as the solid-body Les Paul. The ES-335 put classic guitar styling - like the iconic archtop profile and violin inspired f-holes - into the hands of kids who were hungry to play rock and roll and look cool. The ES-335 was light. It was loud. And it definitely wasn't a traditional jazz guitar. Best of all, it was a new sound.
Now, Epiphone introduces the Ltd. Ed. ES-335 PRO, a new take on the legendary semi-hollowbody archtop with all the classic ES-335 features, but now with Epiphone's Alnico Classic PRO pickups with coil-splitting along with the superb build quality and great sound that you've come to expect from Epiphone. Finicky vintage models (with vintage problems) can't compete with the Ltd. Ed. ES-335 PRO, which is simply one of the best deals going today for guitar players who want the classic sound of an ES-335 at an affordable price.
The Birth of a Rock and Roll Legend
The original ES-335 launched in 1958 and kicked off an incredible era for the legendary Gibson/Epiphone factory located in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Along with now-classic Epiphone semi-hollowbody designs like the Epiphone Riviera and the Epiphone Sheraton, the ES-335 quickly gained a following among guitar players of all ages. Though perhaps the original designers of the ES-335 imagined it might be preferred most by jazz players, the ES-335 was quickly embraced by rock, country, and rhythm and blues guitarists in the U.S. and the United Kingdom. The original ES-335 has the distinction of inspiring not only artists from the early rock and roll era but the '60s blues revival, new wave, Britpop and Americana as well. The few vintage models that have survived are high-price tag collectibles that rarely get out of a glass case. Now, the Epiphone Ltd. Ed. ES-335 PRO goes one better than vintage by adding modern features along with Epiphone's superb build quality to go with that classic ES-335 sound.
- Top and Back: 5-ply laminated maple/birch
- Side: 3-ply laminated maple/birch
- Neck: mahogany
- Neck shape: 1960s SlimTaper "D" profile
- Neck joint: glued in
- Truss rod: adjustable
- Truss rod cover: black Kalamazoo- era bell shape with "ES-335 PRO" in white and white trim on the edges of the truss rod cover
- Scale length: 24.75
- Headstock: Sloped Dovewing with "pineapple" logo and 60s era "Epiphone" script Fingerboard material: rosewood with small block inlays
- Neck pickup: Epiphone Alnico Classic PRO 4-wire
- Bridge pickup: Epiphone Alnico Classic PRO 4-wire
- Controls: -Epiphone all-metal 3-way pickup selector
- -Neck pickup volume with push/pull coil-splitting
- -Bridge pickup volume with push/pull coil-splitting
- -Neck pickup tone -Bridge pickup tone
- Binding: body top, 1-ply (cream), body back, 1-ply (cream), fingerboard, 1-ply (cream) Fingerboard radius: 12"
- Frets: 22 medium jumbo
- Bridge: LockTone Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: StopBar
- Nut: 1.68"
- Hardware: nickel
- Machine Heads: Wilkinson Vintage classics, 14: 1, green 'tulip' style
- Colors: Cherry (CH), Ebony (EB), Iced Tea (IT), Natural, and Vintage Sunburst (VS).
- Strings: D'Addario 10, 13, 17, 26, 36, 46
Next Delivery Due: Unknown
Not currently in stock. We have ordered stock of this item.
- Order now & we will ship to you as soon as we receive stock.
More Stock Arriving Soon
- Estimated arrival date: Unknown
- Please note this date is subject to change
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery
Check what you would pay - select a deposit
Based on months APR
More finance Options
Hide finance Options^
Total amount payable . APR representative.
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.