Epiphone James Bay 1966 Century Signature Guitar Pack
Epiphone presents the Ltd. Ed. James Bay Signature "1966" Century Outfit, an incredibly accurate recreation of GRAMMY nominee James Bay's customized 1966 Epiphone Century archtop in an Gloss Cherry finish.
Featuring a Kinman® Noiseless "Sweet Neck" P-90, a reissue of the 60s era compensated floating Rosewood bridge with brass wheels, a James Bay "Hat Man" headstock logo, Wilkinson Deluxe machine heads, USA made "CTS" 500K pots, and a reissue of an Epiphone 60s era hard case plus a hand-signed photo and custom strap.
Set Time Machine to 1966: The Ltd. Ed. James Bay Signature "1966" Century Outfit is both a time machine to 1966 and an exact replica of Bay's customized stage and studio guitar. The Signature Century's Laminated Maple body top, back, and sides measure to the exact profile of Bay's original which was made at the historic Epiphone and Gibson factory Kalamazoo, Michigan in 1966. Bay's new Signature Epiphone Century is finished in a Cherry gloss finish with cream binding on the body top and back.
The Mahogany neck is glued to the body at the 14th fret with a Mortise and Tenon joint and has the identical "C" profile and dimensions and Delrin ivory colored nut found on Bay's stage guitar.
The Rosewood fingerboard has Mother of Pearl "Dot" inlays, a 25.5" scale length, and 20 medium frets. The historic Sloped Dovewing headstock has a 60s era Epiphone script logo in gold along with a James Bay Hat Man insignia. Bay's original Century serial number--385143--is laser inscribed on the back.
Kinman Custom No Hum P-90 Pickup
James Bay customized his new Epiphone Signature Century archtop with the same hand-wound pickup he uses in his vintage Century, a Kinman® "Sweet Neck" P-90 Hx Noiseless Single-Coil. Kinman® pickups are world renown for their incredible sonic palate and "no hum" performance. Bay chose the Kinman for its classic P-90 tone and the additional reduction of hum necessary when playing the world's biggest outdoor festivals and indoor stages. The Kinman® "Sweet Neck" P-90 Hx is the only P-90 style pickup currently in production that maintains the dynamic range and tonal characteristics of prized vintage Gibson P-90 pickups while providing hum free operation. The new Century's Master Volume and Tone controls have Black Top Hat knobs with metal inserts and USA made CTS potentiometers.
The Ltd. Ed. James Bay Signature "1966" Century Outfit comes with vintage style 3-on-a-side Wilkinson® Vintage machine heads with a 14:1 tuning radio and plastic Ivory buttons. The period correct long white pickguard has a raised metal "E" and the 1/4" output jack is made by Switchcraft®. Epiphone has also recreated the original compensated Floating Rosewood Bridge and brass adjustment wheels found on Bay's vintage 1966 Century along with the nickel tailpiece. The Ltd. Ed. James Bay Signature Century Outfit is set up at the factory with world famous D'Addario strings and comes with a 60s style hard case along with a hand-signed Certificate of Authenticity, a James Bay photo, and a recreation of Bay's custom homemade strap.
- Finish: Gloss
- Hardware: Nickel
- Top: 3-Ply Laminated Maple
- Body: 3-Ply Laminated Maple
- Kerfing Material: Mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Joint: Glued, Mortise and Tenon, At 14th Fret
- Neck Profile: Original Rounded "C" Shape & Diminsions
- Nut: Delrin
- Nut Width: 1.56"
- Nut Thickness: 6mm
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Riser: Maple
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl "Dots", 7mm Diameter
- Pickup: Kinman® "Sweet Neck" P-90 Hx Noiseless Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume CTS Potentiometer, Master Tone CTS Potentiometer
- Output Jack: Switchcraft® 1/4"
- Truss Rod: Dual Action
- Truss Rod Cover: Black PVC "Bullet", 2-Layer, Vintage "E" in White
- Headstock: Historic Sloped Dovewing w/Period-Correct Gold "Epiphone" Logo
- Headstock Back: Stamped w/James Bay "Hat Man" Logo
- Tuners: Wilkinson Vintage 3-in-a-row w/Plastic Ivory Buttons, 14:1 Ratio
- Frets: 20, Medium
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Strings: d'Addario, 10-46
- Bridge: Reissue of Original Compensation Floating Bridge, Rosewood w/Brass Adjustment Wheels
- Tailpiece: Historic Epiphone Trapeze
- Binding: Body Top: 1-Layer, Body Back: 1-Layer,
- Pickguard: White PVC w/Raised Metal "E", 3-Layer
- Serial Number: Stamped Serial Number "385144" on Back of Headstock (Same as James Bay's)
- Includes: 1960's Century Hard Case, Signed Certificate of Authenticity, Replica of James Bay's Strap
1 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Friday, 18 January 2019 This item may be on display
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
1 in stock at our Guildford store
- This item may be our display / demo model.
- Please call to check the condition of this item.
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery