Epiphone Inspired By 1966 Century Guitar in Vintage Sunburst
The Century is one of Epiphone's oldest models in their catalogue. It may not have been available for a few years but thanks to a few great artists using these unique archtop guitars they have been resurrected! Fitted with a single vintage voiced P90 pickup and a classic build this guitar has some unique sounds that really push against what we think about hollow guitars.
This small, all hollow guitar design has been around since the mid 50's when Gibson merged with Epiphone and started modifying some of the models to work better in the world of amplified guitar. With loads of different versions available throughout the years it was this simple one pickup version that has captured the world recently.
Classic Hollow Build
Like the classic ES bodies from Gibson and other hollow guitars from the 60's this guitar has a laminated Maple body, making it strong with a bright sound that is surprisingly loud given the size of the body. The neck is carved out of Mahogany to a rounded C shape that is a really comfortable size that is neither to thick nor too thin making both chords and lead lines a breeze.
Here's what Epiphone say about the Inspired By 1966 Century
Epiphone presents the new Inspired by "1966" Century electric guitar, a faithful reissue of the classic thinline all-hollowbody archtop featuring the new Epiphone P-90 PRO single-coil pickup. The "1966" Century is available in both a Cherry and Vintage Sunburst Aged Gloss Finish.
Historic Epiphone Century Story
In Epiphone history, the "Century" name goes all the way back to the 1930s big band era, when the "House of Stathopoulo" was making some of the best archtops ever made. And when Epiphone merged with Gibson and moved its productions to Kalamazoo, Michigan in 1957, the Century was reborn as a popular thinline archtop, similar to a Casino or a "335" but with a slightly smaller body and a single P-90 pickup.
- Finish: Aged Gloss
- Hardware: Aged Nickel
- Top: Laminated Maple
- Body: Laminated Maple
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Rounded "C" shape
- Pickup: Epiphone P-90 PRO
- Control: Master Volume & Master Tone
- Output Jack: 1/4"
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action
- Truss Rod Cover: Black PVC "Bullet"; 2-layer; Vintage "E" in White
- Neck Joint: Glued-In
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inly: Pearloid "Dots"
- Headstock: Historic Sloped Dovewing with gold "Epiphone" logo
- Machine Heads: Wilkinson Vintage 3-in-a-row with plastic Ivory buttons; 14: 1 ratio
- Frets: 20; Medium
- Nut: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.65" (42mm)
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Strings: D'Addario; 10-46
- Bridge: Floating Adjustable; Rosewood
- Tailpiece: Historic Epiphone Trapeze
- Body Top - 1-Layer
- Body Back - 1-Layer
- Fingerboard - None
- Headstock - None "F" holes - None
- Pickguard: White PVC with foil "E"; 3-layer (White/Black/White)
- Color Finish: Cherry,Vintage Sunburst
- Optional: 1960s Century Hard Case
- Label: 1960s Era Replica Blue Soundhole Label
- Warranty: Certificate of Authenticity
5 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Wednesday, 21 March 2018
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
2 in stock at our Guildford store
3 in stock at our Guildford warehouse
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery
Check what you would pay - select a deposit
Based on months APR
More finance Options
Hide finance Options^
Total amount payable . APR representative.
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.