Epiphone ES-339 in Vintage SunburstCompact semi-hollow body guitar from Epiphone
Introducing the long-awaited Epiphone ES-339! This compact body semi-hollow electric guitar gives you some of the boxy character and feedback-potential of a larger bodied semi-acoustic archtop guitar without being too uncontrollable when you switch to the drive channel.
The Epiphone ES-339 features a slim taper D-profile set neck, maple body with centerblock, Epiphone ProBucker pickups and high quality hardware including medium-jumbo frets and premium tune-o-matic bridge.
Tap into the great character and sustain of a semi-acoustic, but retain some of the low-mid resonance of a solid body. The Epiphone ES339 is a great compromise for a rocker who wants a tone that strikes a great balance between solid-body and acoustic sounds!
Here's what Epiphone say about the Epiphone ES-339
The Birth of a Legend
Introduced in the late '50s, the ES series became an instant classic by bringing the feel of an archtop to players who had wholly embraced solid body classics like the Les Paul. The first in the ES series, the ES-335 became an instant success but for many players, it's body was slightly too big. The new ES-339 is the perfect remedy, featuring body dimensions that are smaller while still retaining the bell-like tones of all ES series guitars as well as the classic shape.
The Epiphone ES-339 features a reduced size laminated Maple body with asolid center block. The SlimTaper TM "D" profile 24.75" Mahogany neck has 22 jumbo frets with a 1-11/16" nut and is hand-set and glued with a Mortise and Tenon neck joint with Titebond TM Glue. The 12" radius neck also features a Rosewood fingerboard with mother-of-pearl inlays, much like the original. Single ply cream binding on the fingerboard and body completes the classic look and looks superb on all the ES-339's finishes which include Cherry, Ebony, Natural, and Vintage Sunburst.
Epiphone Barrier Breaking Electronics
The new Epiphone ES-339 pickups are set up to provide a huge variety of sound choices for the modern guitarist. For those who are used to carrying two guitars to gigs, the ES-339 will solve that problem once and for all. Now, you can play any gig and any style with just one guitar-the Epiphone ES-339. The ES 339's fabulous ProBuckerTM humbucker pickups can make an infinite variety of tones thanks to the 3-way Pickup Selector which features a push/pull coil tap. The neck pickup volume pot and the bridge pickup volume pot each feature an easy-touch push/pull coil tap, making it easy to switch back and forth between single coil or classic humbucker sounds. The all-metal heavy duty Epiphone 1/4" output jack gives you a lifetime of worry-free use.
Epiphone Hardware You Can Trust
The classic Epiphone hardware you've come to know and trust makes the ES-339 a must-have guitar. Featuring Epiphone's LockTone TM Tune-o-matic bridge and LockTone TM Stopbar tailpiece, the ES-339 sports all nickel hardware along with Wilkinson TM 14:1 ratio Vintage machine heads with Tombstone buttons.
Like every Epiphone, the ES 339 features our Limited Lifetime warranty backed by world famous 24/7/365 day Gibson Customer Service. If you want a versatile, professional instrument designed for live performance or studio and capable of crunch, rock, jazz, country, and stinging blues, come back home to the Epiphone ES-339!
- Model Name: Epiphone ES-339 Electric Guitar
- SKU: ET33xxNH1
- Available Colors: Cherry (CH), Ebony (EB) Natural (NA), Vintage Sunburst (VS)
- Body Material: Reduced size Laminated Maple body with solid center block
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: SlimTaper; D profile
- Neck Joint: Glued-In; Mortise and Tenon
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood with mother-of-pearl Dot inlays
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker-2
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker-3
- Front Controls: 3-way Pickup Selector; Neck Pickup Volume with push/pull coil-tapping; Bridge Pickup Volume with push/pull coil-tapping; Neck Pickup Tone; Bridge Pickup Tone
- Outputs: 1/4" Heavy-Duty Epiphone
- Binding: Fingerboard - 1 ply (cream); Body - 1 ply (cream)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 22; medium-jumbo
- Bridge: LockTone Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: LockTone Stopbar
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Wilkinson Vintage with Tombstone buttons; 14:1 Ratio
- Strings: Gibson Brite Wires 10-46
- Warranty: Epiphone Limited Lifetime
1 In Stock
More stock arriving soon. Next Delivery Due: Wednesday, 20 June 2018 This item may be on display
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
1 in stock at our Guildford store
- This item may be our display / demo model.
- Please call to check the condition of this item.
More Stock Arriving Soon
- Next Delivery Due: Wednesday, 20 June 2018
- Please note this date is subject to change
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery
Check what you would pay - select a deposit
Based on months APR
More finance Options
Hide finance Options^
Total amount payable . APR representative.
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.