Duesenberg Starplayer TV Collection Deluxe in Black
Duesenberg make some genuinely great looking guitars and the Starplayer has a real rock attitude to it. In a stunning black with nickel finish hardware it looks sleek and subtle while the pickups kick out some serious power and midrange punch.
The Starplayer TV guitar has a unique sound that you can't really get anywhere else. Part of this comes from its acoustic guitar inspired wood choice of a laminated spruce top with laminated flamed maple back and sides. This not only makes that guitar sound huge when unplugged but it also gives you a unique classic tone that works wonderfully for any clean or crunch tones. The neck is made out of a single piece of maple that is set into the body and carved to a classic 'D' shape. Finishing off the wood choices you have an Indian rosewood fingerboard keeping the playing slick and smooth.
Custom Pickup design
This guitar gives you the unique combination of a Domino P90 for bright lead work and a vintage humbucker for deep rhythm sounds. Both pickups are great sounding, you get vintage tone in the bridge and a more modern tone form the neck P90. The PH-90 is a great pickup with hum canceling, combined with the humbucker this gives you great clean tones without that single coil hum. The tremelo arm is subtle, well positioned and feels great to play. All together this is a great sounding guitar.
Here's what Duesenberg have to say about the Starplayer TV:
The new Deluxe is one of the most versatile guitars in the Duesenberg line. The Deluxe is equipped with master volume and Vario-Tone pots for both of its pickups; our Vario-Tone pots enable a blending of the pickup-coils, which result in a huge amount of different sounds - from crystal clear to heavy distortion.
The versatility of the Deluxe will give you more tone and we are sure that it will exceed all of your expectations.
- Type: traditionally glued in
- Wood: 1-piece maple
- Width: 42,5 mm / 1.67" (nut), 52 mm / 2.05" (12th fret)
- Thickness: 21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95" (12th fret)
- Shape: D
- Fingerboard: indian rosewood
- Radius: 30,5 mm / 12"
- Inlays: pearloid diamonds
- Frets: 22 jumbo 2,8 x 1,0 mm
- Scale length: 650 mm / 25.6"
- Trussrod: steel dual-action
- Headstock: rosewood
- Type: Semi-acoustic with sustain block, bent sides, 2 f-holes
- Top: laminated spruce, arched
- Back: laminated flamed maple, flat
- Sides: laminated flamed maple
- Size: 46 x 34 x 7 cm / 18.11" x 13.38" x 2.75"
- Binding: cream, 5-layer purfling
- Pickguard: transparent
- Finish: PUR lacquer. Back and sides trans-black.
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, "Art Diego" buttons
- Bridge: Duesenberg steel saddle bridge
- Tremolo: Duesenberg Radiator Tremolo
- Strap pins: Duesenberg standard
- Hardware color: nickel
- Strings: Duesenberg DSA10 (010-013-017-028-042-050)
- Case: Included
- Pickup (neck): Duesenberg D-Tron Humbucker
- Pickup (middle): -
- Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg Grand Vintage Humbucker
- Wiring: 1 volume, 2 Vario-Tone, 3-way pickup selector
- Tools: all required allen keys (included)
1 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Monday, 21 January 2019 This item may be on display
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
1 in stock at our Guildford store
- This item may be our display / demo model.
- Please call to check the condition of this item.
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery