Duesenberg Mike Campbell Starplayer TV Left Handed
N.B. This guitar does not come with a case. They are available separately here.
Duesenberg make some genuinely great looking guitars. As soon as you pick up the Mike Campbell Starplayer TV you feel the solid build quality, flawless finish and smooth action that have made this guitar a real treasure. Built around a semi-accoustic style body this has a great sound and is a joy to play. This model doesn't come with a case but they are available here
This guitar has a brilliant blue and white finish with a pair of central racing stripes styled affter vintgae racers. If you're a fan of classic rock or the rockabilly style this guitar will suit you down to the ground but like any really great looking guitar it wouldn't look out of place in most styles of music.
The combination of a vintage sounding humbucker and a striking Domino P90 gives you all the tones you could need, from old fashioned rhythm to modern lead you can blend together your ideal sound easily. Both pickups are specially designed by Duesenberg to compliment each other and the sound of the guitar to give you truly amazing tone.
There are regular tremelo's and then there's the Duesenberg Tremola. With a longer arm you get more subtly in your bends, a longer lever gives you better control over how much pressure you put on the strings so you can get a great balance of tone easily. It's setup to keep your guitar in tune regardless of how much you bounce the arm which means it's great for country, blues... anytime you want to throw in that extra vibrato.
Here's what Duesenberg have to say about the Starplayer TV
It’s not for nothing that the Starplayer TV is Duesenberg’s bestselling guitar. Its punchiness, open sound and robustness, the always in-tune Deluxe Tremola and perfect playability make the Starplayer a very versatile instrument. In addition, the Starplayer’s arched top and back bestows the guitar with a very stylish look. Even being such a versatile instrument, it always retains its discreet character and enriches every type or style of music with its distinct Duesenberg sound. This is proven by the many guitarists that come from all corners of the musical spectrum who chose this model.
By now, The Domino P-90 neck pickup and the Grand Vintage Humbucker bridge pickup, an open and transparent sounding PAF-Type, have given the Starplayer TV its classic sound.
Even the most exalted guitar-wishes can be fulfilled by our Special-Models. Let it be Skai leather covering, piezo bridge, aluminum Stop-Tailpieces, mother-of-pearl guitar top, Gold-Top or Sparkle finish or even equipping the guitar with Little-Toaster-Pickups – there’s a Starplayer TV guitar for everyone.
- Type: traditionally glued in
- Wood: 1-piece maple
- Width: 42,5 mm / 1.67" (nut), 52 mm / 2.05" (12th fret)
- Thickness: 21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95" (12th fret)
- Shape: D
- Fingerboard: indian rosewood
- Radius: 30,5 mm / 12"
- Inlays: pearloid dots
- Frets: 22 jumbo 2,8 x 1,0 mm
- Scale length: 650 mm / 25.6"
- Trussrod: steel dual-action
- Type: Semi-acoustic with sustain block, bent sides, f-hole
- Top: laminated spruce
- Back, sides: laminated flamed maple
- Size: 46 x 34 x 7 cm / 18.11" x 13.38" x 2.75"
- Binding: cream
- Pickguard: gold-sparkle (different materials on some special models)
- Finish: PUR lacquer (polyester used on sparkle, pearl and pearloid tops).
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, "Art Diego" buttons
- Bridge: Duesenberg steel saddle bridge
- Tremolo: Duesenberg Deluxe Tremola (trem models only)
- Strap pins: Duesenberg standard
- Hardware color: nickel
- Strings: Duesenberg DSA10 (010-013-017-028-042-050)
- Pickup (neck): Duesenberg Domino P-90
- Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg Grand Vintage Humbucker
- Wiring: 1 volume, 1 tone, 3-way pickup selector
- Tools: all required allen keys (included)