Duesenberg Double Cat 12 String in Fireburst
N.B. This guitar does not come with a case. They are available separately here.
The Duesenberg Double cat combines art deco stylings, vintage sounds and a modern feel. The semi hollow body gives you great resonance while the design of the bridge means you get fantastic sustain. Each string an be individually fine tuned at the saddle so you can get your ideal action all across the fretboard. To protect the Double cat Duesenberg sell a custom fit case, available here
Great Tonal Variety
Nothing sounds quite like a 12 string, the brightness you get from each pair of strings is incredible. Traditionally used in folk and jazz music the 12 string has also appeared in rock, metal and pop bands. Supertramp, Radiohead, The Beach Boys and even the Fab Four themselves built songs around the 12 string's signature jangle
Duesenberg really know how to create stunning musical equipment. The finish on this guitar is flawless, the red edged sunburst pattern has a stunning colour and looks amazing. With Nickel hardware and a smooth gloss lacquer this is really a great looking piece.
Here's what Duesenberg have to say about the Double Cat
With the Double Cat Series, sleek double cutaway design meets unusual – but typical for Duesenberg – Art Deco style. Several other Duesenberg innovations further set this guitar apart from all the rest: Z Tuners, special pickups and electronics, Deluxe Tremola, and more. An F-hole with classic cat-eye styling enhances the Double Cat’s semi-hollow alder body, which sports a maple top. This Duesenberg’s Domino P90 pickup and Grand Vintage humbucker also bring to the scene perfect, full-bodied sound, which – compared to the Starplayer TV – is both a bit more wiry and somewhat more raw.
The twelve string Double Cat comes with a stop-tailpiece, as well as a bridge with twelve individually adjustable string saddles made out of steel.
- Type: traditionally glued in
- Wood: 1-piece maple
- Width: 45 mm / 1.77" (nut), 54 mm / 2.13" (12th fret)
- Thickness: 22 mm / 0.87" (1st fret), 24,5 mm / 0.96" (12th fret)
- Shape: D
- Fingerboard: indian rosewood
- Radius: 30,5 mm / 12"
- Inlays: pearloid dots
- Frets: 22 jumbo 2,8 x 1,0 mm
- Scale length: 650 mm / 25.6"
- Trussrod: steel dual-action
- Headstock: black veneer
- Type: solid American alder with sound chambers
- Top: laminated maple
- Size: 47 x 34 x 4,5 cm / 18.5" x 13.35" x 1.75"
- Binding: cream with 3-layer purfling
- Pickguard: cream
- Finish: PUR lacquer. Back and sides trans-black.
- Tuners:knurled buttons
- Bridge:aluminum stop tailpiece
- Strap pins: Duesenberg standard
- Hardware color: nickel
- Strings: Duesenberg DSA12 (010/010-013/013-017/008-026/011-036/017-046/026 )
- Pickup (neck): Duesenberg Domino P-90
- Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg Grand Vintage Humbucker
- Wiring: 1 volume, 1 tone, 3-way pickup selector
- Tools: all required allen keys (included)