Born in NYC’s Little Italy, D’Angelico is widely regarded as one of the finest archtop guitar manufacturers of the 20th century. Nowadays, they make guitars of all shapes and sizes; all built with the same exceptional detail, mastery and flair that put them on the map.
The Premier Bedford is D’Angelico’s offset design. Combining retro cool with a slick contemporary tonal palette, it’ll be sure to turn heads in both style and sound departments.
The unique offset semi-hollow basswood body is light and ergonomic, with great upper-fret access for soloing and high-register chords. Attached is a classic "C" shape maple neck providing modern comfort, while the 25 inch scale length makes the most of its gutsy pickups.
Chrome hardware adorns the Bedford for all but the black speed knobs. This gives the Premier Bedford a reserved but classy look, and the Rotomatic Stairstep tuners and stopbar configuration ensure tuning stability and reliable intonation. This is a true workhorse instrument that’s also out to make a statement!
The Premier Bedford comes equipped with three fantastic Duncan-designed pickups in a uncommon mini humbucker and two single coil configuration. The MH-102 in the bridge spits out more of a raw tone than a standard humbucker, while the two TE-103 single coils give you a good dose of T-style dynamism.
- Shape: Offset
- Style: Semi-Solid with Contoured F-Hole
- Finish: Gloss
- Material: Basswood
- Neck Material: Maple Scarf
- Profile: C-Shape
- Joint Type: Set-Thru
- Fingerboard Material: Ovangkol
- Frets: 22, Medium
- Scale Length: 25”
- Radius: 14”
- Inlays: White Pearloid Block
- Nut: PPS
- Neck Pickup: Duncan Designed TE-103
- Middle Pickup: Duncan Designed TE-103
- Bridge Pickup: Duncan Designed MH-102
- Controls: 1 Volume, 1 Tone, 5-way Selector
- Pots: 500k
- Hardware colour: Chrome
- Tuners: Grover Stairstep Rotomatic
- Tail and Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Knobs: 2 Black Speed Knobs
- Strap Buttons: Two Chrome